Reason through ReWire - which sequencer is a good first try?

conclude

I'm using Reason right now and, even thought I'm a beginner, find the sampling a bit difficult and lacking (which it's probably supposed to).

I was thinking about checking the ReWire tool out. What's a good first try? I've been thinking about using Reason through Cubase or FruityLoops.

Ableton is great for live preformance of loops / ideas, and its pretty quick to get a groove or an idea down

Reason is good for getting your idea down quick.
Fruity is more for nailing down a quick idea

Cubase is respected as one of the premier arrangement DAWs
Protools is also respected as a premier arrangement DAW

You can do all your sequencing on reason, ableton & fruity but the effects processing and overall mastering of things takes a lot more time and effort to get a good professional sound - however it can be done!

I've heard about Ableton. Also, I've had some sampling issues in FL (involving time stretching and pitching -- ctrl + Z doesn't work, etc). Maybe Ableton is a good shot in that case, before I try Cubase out?

ableton is really good mate, i use it to record and touch up my finished tracks, usually bounce down the track and wack some decent eq's and compressors + a limiter on the master output.
Another good thing to do is to bounce down each individual track from reason (with no effects) and apply the effects in ableton, they are so much better than in reason and you can be much more adventurous because you have a HUGE choice of VSTS to use.

Back
Top Bottom