Reason help

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
I'm just getting into Reason after working with other progs. Its a lot of fun but I have a serious problem...

After RTFM I still don't know how I can properly drop an acapella (say a wave) into the track I'm working on. I want to drop the whole acapella and build around it.

In most progs, I'd drop it into a track in the sequencer and have a nice waveform to look at and edit so I can match the peaks, stretch the beat and have fun with it.

Can't do that in Reason.

The only way I can figure out to drop the acapella into Reason is through the NN19 Sampler - load the acapella into the sampler and then play it (holding my board key down for 5 minutes :) or by setting the wave as a drum sound. But that only gives me a sampler/drum note to look at.

I guess I could chop the acapella up in another program,, say Cool Edit pro, but that would be tedious.

Am I missing something?

can you not put the accapella in recycle chop it and then put it into rex format and copy it to the sequencer track from doctor rex. I think you would have to chop it up unless your track will be the same bpm as the accapella.

You could try ReWiring into Cubase - you could drop the acapella into a cubase audio track and then write in Reason like normal - plus you'd have the benefit of Cubase's time stretching tools for the acapella

Affliction said:
You could try ReWiring into Cubase - you could drop the acapella into a cubase audio track and then write in Reason like normal - plus you'd have the benefit of Cubase's time stretching tools for the acapella

I'd go with this suggestion if your PC is powerful enough, if like me you are running a PC from the stone age then cutting the acapella up in another programme into seperate .wavs then using it in the NN19s in reason is the way to go..and yes it is extremely tedious.

Dustek said:
I

I guess I could chop the acapella up in another program,, say Cool Edit pro, but that would be tedious.

indeed.

but just wait until you're transient shaping, and using a load of compressors on each individual drum hits :-/

now that gets tedious.
but fun in a geeky way :oops:

i <3 compression

can u just draw in the automated note on the nn-19 keyboard synthesizer,wot i do usually is cut up my desired wav. in wave-lab (steinberg) then use an nn19 to draw it on the right part of my track.then group it into 1 box on the main sequencer.
boring but worth it
:cool:

Looks like I'll need a week off work to create my epic nu bass & booty trance rave happy hard step remix of Anita Dobson's accapella of the Eastenders tune.

Back
Top Bottom