question in cubase

Discussion in 'Production' started by DJ Jade, Feb 3, 2004.

1. DJ Jade

DJ Jade New Member

hey again im back for more help. i just recently got the fm7 soft synth. i was wondering how to open it up in cubase and use it? I am trying to learn cubase but have no clue where to begin. I just basically want to use this synth right now and dont know how to open it up or write it into cubase. some help would be nice and i know this is a basic question but i got no clue. thanks guys and sorry to waste your time with this.

2. Paradigm X

Paradigm X Member

Right v quick tutorial.

Open a new project

Press F11 (erm on a PC no idea about mac ?) or go to Devices menu at the top . Select 'instruments' and youre list of vstis (instrumetns) comes up. It will be full of 'no vst instrument'. See pic. Press the first black hole, then select the FM7.

[​IMG]

then go to the main editing window, right click on the dark grey bit on the left, and select new
    MIDI track. THen select out as FM7

[​IMG]
    You can then use the FM7 as a MIDI track, use the Piano Roll editor to 'write' notes in or if you select record enable aon that track, you can use a MIDI keyboard to play the FM7.

Hope that helps !

:rasta:

PDX

3. DJ Jade

DJ Jade New Member

dude you rock! thank you soo much

4. Affliction

Affliction thought size didnt matter

Post of the week! :cheerlead :cheerlead :cheerlead (y)

5. DJ Jade

DJ Jade New Member

hey im dumb and didnt know how to open the vst synths. i tryed lookin for a manual or tutorial with no success. I knew the peeps on here could help and they did just that.

6. Paradigm X

Paradigm X Member

No man everytings easy if you know how to do it...

Someone showed me how to do something once and a picture makes everything a million times easier. I vowed to avenge my father, erm no sorry, got all kung fu, to try and help !

If you have any further queries, post em up, theres a friendly and helpful bunch here !

:beers:

PDX