question in cubase

DJ Jade

hey again im back for more help. i just recently got the fm7 soft synth. i was wondering how to open it up in cubase and use it? I am trying to learn cubase but have no clue where to begin. I just basically want to use this synth right now and dont know how to open it up or write it into cubase. some help would be nice and i know this is a basic question but i got no clue. thanks guys and sorry to waste your time with this.

DJ Jade said:
hey again im back for more help. i just recently got the fm7 soft synth. i was wondering how to open it up in cubase and use it? I am trying to learn cubase but have no clue where to begin. I just basically want to use this synth right now and dont know how to open it up or write it into cubase. some help would be nice and i know this is a basic question but i got no clue. thanks guys and sorry to waste your time with this.

Right v quick tutorial.

Open a new project

Press F11 (erm on a PC no idea about mac ?) or go to Devices menu at the top . Select 'instruments' and youre list of vstis (instrumetns) comes up. It will be full of 'no vst instrument'. See pic. Press the first black hole, then select the FM7.

fm71.jpg

then go to the main editing window, right click on the dark grey bit on the left, and select new
MIDI track. THen select out as FM7

fm72.jpg

You can then use the FM7 as a MIDI track, use the Piano Roll editor to 'write' notes in or if you select record enable aon that track, you can use a MIDI keyboard to play the FM7.

Hope that helps !

:rasta:

PDX

hey im dumb and didnt know how to open the vst synths. i tryed lookin for a manual or tutorial with no success. I knew the peeps on here could help and they did just that.

DJ Jade said:
hey im dumb and didnt know how to open the vst synths. i tryed lookin for a manual or tutorial with no success. I knew the peeps on here could help and they did just that.

No man everytings easy if you know how to do it...

Someone showed me how to do something once and a picture makes everything a million times easier. I vowed to avenge my father, erm no sorry, got all kung fu, to try and help !

If you have any further queries, post em up, theres a friendly and helpful bunch here !

:beers:

PDX

Back
Top Bottom