question about needles

knottyboy

ive developed a problem with my decks - im getting really bad, crackly, quiet sound form one of them. after investigation ive discovered its a problem with the needle (as the problem vanishes when i swap needles). so it looks like im going to have to get a new one.

my question is how often do needles go? what would have caused it to go? if i get an expensive needle what can i do to prolongue its life? i was unaware that needles could really break.

any info would be good. cheers.

general care and looking after them is always a plus when it comes to prolonged life. when not using ur decks remove the needles and store them in a cool dry place or just cover the decks with the dustshield when not using them. make sure the weights on the arms are callibrated correctly aswell. ive just had the unfortunate experience of one of my needles breaking. problem is that i cant afford to replace it yet so i am now without decks :( very sad times.

You can get spare sylus for not that much 10-14 quid should do..they say replace after every 200 hours , but I would say you can stretch taht to once a year

they are concorde needles. i was looking on htfr and i saw that you can get a replacement stylus so il try that first. i didnt realise that you should change them once a year tho. and i always keep the dust cover over my decks when not in use.

freek - i hear you about the sad times, i cant use mine either.

Dont use rusty ones, and change injections sites on the regular to avoid blood loss in these areas! :)

Back
Top Bottom