Drum & Bass Psychoholic - Format

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Psychoholic, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Psychoholic

Psychoholic Quantum Cunt

Hi guys, quite a change of style for me on this one !
    I've got quite a lot of tracks laying around that need finishing and I intend finishing some more up now I have some spare time.
    University has been quite hard for me and I've been under the radar for a while but I'm back with this one now !
    I appreciate all feedback I normally do ambient stuff so I'm preparing for a shitstorm!

Cheers for checking it out,
    Mlidrads.

2. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

For you this is pretty heavy! I'm used to hearing more abstract ambient stuff from yourself lol! Sounds pretty hench, but that snare lets it down for me a bit (I'm just being picky)

Psychoholic likes this.
  3. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

pretty much what kronix said
    like all the long drone pads but i recon at one point it'd be cool to strip them back for a bit

Psychoholic likes this.
  4. Northern Seagul

Northern Seagul Active Member

good sounding !
    need to diversify beat and atmosphere, add more dynamic. and it will be a cool tune ;)

5. Reactor Grits

Reactor Grits lick a shot

Not bad Mildred, the sound is obviously there (kinda liked the snare), its just that melody wise not very much is happening, so kinda during the bridge it was clear what to expect. Really liked the spooky sounds though, nice little horror effects. Good jerb!

6. Pyrococcus

Pyrococcus Urban Break Twister

Beyond the beats everything remains quite hazy / blurry..
    I'd try to weave more of a connection between the beats and the rest, e.g. a dialog between some synth and the bassline.

7. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

I know what you mean with school taking over your life. It is hard to get in some studio time.
    The drums are sounding nice. I like how the pattern switches up. The shuffle is expertly executed too. I think the bass could use more something in the lower mid-bass and higher mid-bass. Possibly, some resonance and filter play to give the bass more character.
    Everything else I believe the song needs work on, has been mentioned above. I especially agree with Pryococcus.

8. lasiien

lasiien Meh

Nice to see you back :) Heavy dark track from you too, nice ! Really like the drums, both kick and snare are great. Liked the little psychedelic lead as well - though you could perhaps change the patterns around or make a bit of a longer solo with it I think. I like that wind/drone effect you have going on. Track fits a space horror movie imo :D