Production terms and help :)

Junglist_007

learning difficulties
VIP Junglist
Hi guys, These's are probly complete retard questions lol. I'm n00b when it comes to production. I keep watching load of Youtube videos on production. They keep coming out with words I don't understand. I thought I ask you guys, so I can get better understanding of what I'm doing. If you don't ask you never know.

1.What's reese bass mean?
2.Pads?
3.Hard leads?

Any other words I should look out for?

Is synth a bassline or do you create bassline seprete. I get well confused I listen to dnb track so much going on in sounds. Are tunes built up from layers of synths? (If you get what I mean lol).

What's best waves to use I wanna make some jump up. One last thing does anyone know any production website that could help me.

Many thanks for any info :)

reece is basically 2 detuned saw waves being lowpassed, pads are those airy synth sounds with long attacks and releases youll hear mostly in breakdowns and "hard leads" isnt anything special, its just something someone said i supposed. lol. not a real 'term'

and a "synth" is basically a synthesizer, so basically every synthesizes noise is a "synth" - its mostly used for really artificial sounds when used to describe a sound tho - generally its just about everything youll hear in a electronic tune, bar the drums and samples.

layers are practically every sound you dont hear instantly, ie a second piano underneath the dominant one, or 2 or more snares layered underneath the prominent one - its used to give tracks a fuller sound.

for jump up it doesnt matter what waveform you choose, its about getting the sound right regarding attack, sustain, decay and release, distorting and filtering that.

hope that helps!

Big up for the reply groelle nice one. That makes lot more sense to me now. Get's confusing watching videos and not knowing what the terms mean.

Back
Top Bottom