Producing weakness..

I use Studio One and I'm familiar with both parallel and side chain compression in that DAW if you need help. Also I used FL Studio before that as well. The same thing applies it's mainly using sends and compressing then mixing the send bus. For side chaining you would be better off if your DAW supports a pre-fader send.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Finishing tracks, I usauly get so far then I feel I've messed it up. It's not how I want it so I end up starting again. :(
Also Sound design that's mostly my drums, they are never how i I want then to sound even though I know how to layer

Finishing tracks, I usauly get so far then I feel I've messed it up. It's not how I want it so I end up starting again. :(
Also Sound design that's mostly my drums, they are never how i I want then to sound even though I know how to layer

The drums and layering will come with time. I'm using Poise as a drum sampler so I can hear the hit and mute out different parts to see how it sounds. I think it would be tougher to do with just wave files in your DAW instead of a VST.

Finishing tracks is a big problem of mine. I usually lose interest in 2 or 3 days so if it's not done by then it probably never will be. It will just get recycled into a newer project. I don't currently have time in my schedule to regularly produce multiple times a week. :(

The drums and layering will come with time. I'm using Poise as a drum sampler so I can hear the hit and mute out different parts to see how it sounds. I think it would be tougher to do with just wave files in your DAW instead of a VST.

Finishing tracks is a big problem of mine. I usually lose interest in 2 or 3 days so if it's not done by then it probably never will be. It will just get recycled into a newer project. I don't currently have time in my schedule to regularly produce multiple times a week. :(

I was using the exs24 but I find it easier and less messing about to just drag n drop in the daw. Find the sample drop it in delete or keep.
Maybe I am missing a trick ?

I don't think you're missing anything. A lot of established electronic producers do this. I find it a little bit confusing, but my background was mainly rap production before I began to focus on dnb. I just think it would make editing the kick and snare layers very tedious when trying to get it just the way you want it.

Back
Top Bottom