Producing DnB with a workstation

Roebi

Hello DnB-cracks,
First of all excuse my english - I'm not a native speaker...

I just bought myself a "Roland Fantom X6"-Workstation and now want to produce music on it; I don't have any software yet and would like to try it first only on the hardware.
On the internet there is unfortunately only literature about producing music with a software ... I didn't find any sites on how to produce Drum and bass on a workstation.

So - my question(s) to you:
How do I get started, writing DnB on the Fantom? I allready got the basic DnB-Beat on the Drummachine but that's all I did till now.
What is the basic structure of a DnB-Song?
Is there a website I missed where I could read about my questions?

Thanks verry much for your help!

Uhmmm...
There are various structures to a dnb tune:
Try this one-

Intro

Drop/into bassline

Bassline

Break

Bassline

Outro

Little simple jobby.

Ok, thanks.

What about the topic of producing DnB with a keyboard? Has anyone got experience with that?

Ok, so your advice is to rather use a software.
The next question then is Cubase or fruity loops ... whitch one do you suggest?

fruity, only cos i use it. cubase is great too. i used to know this awesome artist name O. R. G who had a very simirlar workstation and he would sequence like mad string arrangements on the workstation and sample it into cubase to put it all together in the computer. if you can make it work for you strickly on the workstation thats a great idea too

Hi,

well, i produce dnb with a keyboard and i reckon ive done a pretty good job,

see my myspace for example (sig.)

umm, i only started making dnb a couple of days ago, i use Reason 2.5 which is well old but i like it, only got that the other day too, drum machines are useful and rolling basslines in your tracks give the tune a heavier feel,

i cant really say much cos im crap but i hope i helped mate.

get back to me if i did (private message) , cheers.

[Hedfone]

Back
Top Bottom