Problems with recording mixes

chris getme

Dub Logic
Iv just bought a Citronic AC-1USB to record mixes with. For those who dont know what it is, its a little box to go between mixer and PC/ Mac.
Im usin Logic on MAC.
Ill just explain how it works so ppl are more likely to understand the problem. Mixer goes to input on the ting. Outputs on the ting to speakers. Built in USB to MAC from the box ting for the recording. Problem is that there seems to be a delay when I connect the box, between what is coming out of the mixer (in headphones) and the speakers after it has gone through the box ting.

Any help would be much appreciated as I can barely mix when the things in and its really pissin me off. Nice one people!

ez mate, Latency is normally caused by many different things, wot software you running? how much ram? which processor? how your buffers are set?
What MAC u runnin on blud?
Peace!

are you trying to use the output from the usb soundcard to the speakers to monitor your mixing?
ive always had a lag if u try and do that.
proper offputting to mix with a lag :S

but why would you want to anyway? if that is what u are tryin to do, i dont see any reason for it!? if u wanna record your mixes, run the usb from the mixer to the mac, and plug your mixer into your speakers too.

the output on the usb codec is only really if u wanna listen to audio from the computer, so after youve recorded your mix you will need to swap the input on your speakers from the dj mixer to the usb codecs output.

theres no reason to monitor your mixing thru any recording software as far as i can see??

If you get urself a cheap mixing desk and run from the outputs from the decks and the codec, then plug your speakers into the mixing desk output to save you swapping over the cables.

Back
Top Bottom