Problem with my xone 32 mixer!!

marky1702

VIP Junglist
ok so just got a used xone 32 yesterday, and theres a problem with it. when i adjust the gain on the first channel the sound will only come out of one monitor. The only way i can get it to come out of both speakers is to adjust the balance, but channels 2 and 3 are fine, has anyone heard of anything like this before??

are you sure its not your phono's coming from your decks/CDJ? some times if there is a loose connection or a loose solder the can send the audio down one leg of the stereo mix, give ya cables a wiggle and maybe put ya other deck into the channel to see if the problem is still there?

thats what i thouught too, unfortunately it isnt that, i tried the same deck on the 2nd and 3rd channel and its working fine, also tried hooking a cdj into the line on channel 1 and its still happening,

Thanks for the quick reply though man, i traded it for my djm 400, its waaay better imo but id definetly like to get this sorted if possible

From what you've described it won't be a DIY fix. It sounds like something has died in either the Gain, EQ or Fader stages. You could try opening it up and looking for an obvious problem, but that's about all you can do yourself.

Sounds like you have been had, is it still under warranty?

its older so i highly doubt theres a warranty, i definetly wasnt had, it was a trade with a friend, and he said we can trade back, thing is, i want the xone 32, it feels like a better mixer overall imo.

The filter works great, it's 3 channels, (even if one is kinda fucked it can still be adjusted and used), the faders and knobs all just seem ALOT smoother than the djm 400

One negative thing I will say about the mixer, which should be obvious to anyone whose used one before, is that the man who decided to put the gains on the back of the mixer SHOULD BE SHOT, honestly it makes 0 sense to me, especially if youre mixing between mp3s and vinyl, adjusting the gainis just retarded, im thinking about putting a small mirror behind it, does anyone have any suggestions like that for dealing with the gains??

Thanks to everyone for replying, im not good with this stuff, so i will just into into paying to have it repaired, hopefully thats an option anyways

---------- Post added at 01:39 ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 ----------

From what you've described it won't be a DIY fix. It sounds like something has died in either the Gain, EQ or Fader stages. You could try opening it up and looking for an obvious problem, but that's about all you can do yourself.

thanks for the info man, ill definetly try to find someone who knows what theyre doing

Back
Top Bottom