PostmanPat Deep Start of Summer Mix - May 2011

PostmanPat

I'll cum in your arse.
VIP Junglist
Any feedback or criticism is welcome! Hope you enjoy, thanks! :)

New DNBSHARE link added: http://dnbshare.com/download/Patino_May_Mix.mp3.html

Tracklist:

Sub Zero - Brighter Days
Marcus Intalex - Steady
Foreign Concept - Down By The Riverside
Spectrasoul - III Note Soul
Rockwell - Live For The Moment
Zero T - Goes Around
Mr Joseph - Necessary
Seba & Physics - Before I Can Breathe
Alix Perez - Contradictions
Madmen & Poets - Afraid Of Jazz (Lenzman remix)
Total Science & SPY ft. Kevin King - Past Lives
Pendulum - Still Grey
Alix Perez - Stray
Muwookie - Memories
Calibre - Mr Maverick
Spectrasoul - Reminiscence
Mr Joseph ft. David Rodigan - Rodigan

Last edited:
just finished this...had it playing along in the background while trying to work

really feeling the way the mix flows, the mixing is tight and the tunes all sit together really well! hadn't heard some of the tunes in this which is always a bonus!

big mix!

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

and was this on vinyl? the fact you put goes around and stray in there makes me think you must've bagged the assassins 3 ep in the shogun sale...

just finished this...had it playing along in the background while trying to work

really feeling the way the mix flows, the mixing is tight and the tunes all sit together really well! hadn't heard some of the tunes in this which is always a bonus!

big mix!

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

and was this on vinyl? the fact you put goes around and stray in there makes me think you must've bagged the assassins 3 ep in the shogun sale...

Cheers for kind words Mish, I appreciate it!

Not on vinyl man but you're right I did bag those mp3's in the Shogun sale lol didn't even know some of those tunes were released by Shogun!

just listened to this postman.. was proper nice and relaxing whilst I was boppin through central doing shizzle, good work man!

Looking like a big tracklist, Pat, and I've always quietly enjoyed your mixes! Let me get up on this.

got half way through this the other day until work got in the way!
first half was wicked! i will get back to it when i get a chance man!

Looking like a big tracklist, Pat, and I've always quietly enjoyed your mixes! Let me get up on this.

Cheers man. Let me know what you think of it, and let me know if you have a recent mix up! ;)

---------- Post added at 17:26 ---------- Previous post was at 17:25 ----------

got half way through this the other day until work got in the way!
first half was wicked! i will get back to it when i get a chance man!

Easy Teddy, that's great man! Yeah let us know what you think if you can, thanks mate :)

Cheers man. Let me know what you think of it, and let me know if you have a recent mix up! ;

Well, the second one in my sig is my most recent. I think you might dig that one as it's on a deeper tip. I also have a mix that's gonna be aired exclusively on a web radio station next week, but I'm not sure that it's your style, man. I'll post info when I have a date.

Well, time to do some outdoorsy yardworky stuff. Which means I'll give you some proper feedback on this mix when I'm done.

saturday overtime put to good use!
wicked mix pat! had a great vibe about it. selection is spot on, u certainly know how to pick em!
as usual i jotted down some thoughts while listening

Sub Zero - Brighter Days - still cant believe this is subzero! its such a tune!
Marcus Intalex - Steady - nice mix, its hard to get the eqs right mixing from simpler drum patterns but u nailed it!
Foreign Concept - Down By The Riverside - think it might have sounded marginally better with the bass eq the other way around when the growl bit of riverside came in, but hard to say, good mix all the same tho!
Spectrasoul - III Note Soul - sound wicked when the percussion comes in at the start, gets a lil muffled but nothing drastic.
Rockwell - Live For The Moment - good mix, they worked really well together. beatmatching went a lil juddery after the drop. i used to have this problem when switching the bass' around. i would adjust the pitch when it didn't need adjusting. feel confident its in time and let it be till ur sure! i think its a natural reaction, when u switch it obviously sounds different from what u were beatmatching and u try and correct it. well i know i do! if that makes sense.
Zero T - Goes Around - NICEEEEE!
Mr Joseph - Necessary - well played!
Seba & Physics - Before I Can Breathe - Cracking!
Alix Perez - Contradictions - the kick drum is a bit bassy on the build up but still worked really well, couple of lil pitch beenddds but these are made more noticeable from the pad sounds. keep an eye on your levels, u can see on the waveform this one comes in louder than the others.
Madmen & Poets - Afraid Of Jazz (Lenzman remix) - these two played great off each other! great blend!
Total Science & SPY ft. Kevin King - Past Lives - not sure about this blend in all honesty man!
Pendulum - Still Grey - oh fuk yea!! came out of nowhere and sounded perfect!
Alix Perez - Stray - nice like pie!
Muwookie - Memories - clean mix! not heard this tune before! its vibes!
Calibre - Mr Maverick - sweet blend!
Spectrasoul - Reminiscence - cool mix! the build up souded really nice!
Mr Joseph ft. David Rodigan - Rodigan - nice mix, the transition at the end was swish! levels again tho came in a lil too loud!

and im spent! cheers patino! (y)

Nice one, Pat! I was really digging the opening tune and it really caught me by surprise. He's got another tune out there called Forgotten Yesterdays that's also on that deeper tip.

The mix actually flowed really nicely, even when you had little surprise bursts like Contradictions or that Zero T tune. I wasn't expecting them, but yet you maintained the flow of the mix.

The sound itself was just top notch, man, really well done. Probably the best I've heard from you yet!

saturday overtime put to good use!
wicked mix pat! had a great vibe about it. selection is spot on, u certainly know how to pick em!
as usual i jotted down some thoughts while listening

Sub Zero - Brighter Days - still cant believe this is subzero! its such a tune!
Marcus Intalex - Steady - nice mix, its hard to get the eqs right mixing from simpler drum patterns but u nailed it!
Foreign Concept - Down By The Riverside - think it might have sounded marginally better with the bass eq the other way around when the growl bit of riverside came in, but hard to say, good mix all the same tho!
Spectrasoul - III Note Soul - sound wicked when the percussion comes in at the start, gets a lil muffled but nothing drastic.
Rockwell - Live For The Moment - good mix, they worked really well together. beatmatching went a lil juddery after the drop. i used to have this problem when switching the bass' around. i would adjust the pitch when it didn't need adjusting. feel confident its in time and let it be till ur sure! i think its a natural reaction, when u switch it obviously sounds different from what u were beatmatching and u try and correct it. well i know i do! if that makes sense.
Zero T - Goes Around - NICEEEEE!
Mr Joseph - Necessary - well played!
Seba & Physics - Before I Can Breathe - Cracking!
Alix Perez - Contradictions - the kick drum is a bit bassy on the build up but still worked really well, couple of lil pitch beenddds but these are made more noticeable from the pad sounds. keep an eye on your levels, u can see on the waveform this one comes in louder than the others.
Madmen & Poets - Afraid Of Jazz (Lenzman remix) - these two played great off each other! great blend!
Total Science & SPY ft. Kevin King - Past Lives - not sure about this blend in all honesty man!
Pendulum - Still Grey - oh fuk yea!! came out of nowhere and sounded perfect!
Alix Perez - Stray - nice like pie!
Muwookie - Memories - clean mix! not heard this tune before! its vibes!
Calibre - Mr Maverick - sweet blend!
Spectrasoul - Reminiscence - cool mix! the build up souded really nice!
Mr Joseph ft. David Rodigan - Rodigan - nice mix, the transition at the end was swish! levels again tho came in a lil too loud!

and im spent! cheers patino! (y)

Your feedback is fucking amazing Teddy! And you know what you're talking about too, I pretty much agree with you on everything you said! I tend to notice even the smallest slips when listening through my own/other peoples mixes lol!

Really appreciate that mate and really looking forward to your next mix mate, so hurry up! :teeth:

---------- Post added at 13:13 ---------- Previous post was at 13:09 ----------

Nice one, Pat! I was really digging the opening tune and it really caught me by surprise. He's got another tune out there called Forgotten Yesterdays that's also on that deeper tip.

The mix actually flowed really nicely, even when you had little surprise bursts like Contradictions or that Zero T tune. I wasn't expecting them, but yet you maintained the flow of the mix.

The sound itself was just top notch, man, really well done. Probably the best I've heard from you yet!

Cheers HAB, I'm glad you enjoyed it mate! I'll get on your latest mix, but let me know about that radio one and how to listen :)

Back
Top Bottom