ozone maximizer

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist
Does anybody have experience with this? I rarely ever use a maximizer. Half of the time I don't even use one to master because I don't like the way they sound, or at least the one in reason. Ozone is now made for reason and I kind of want one. The question is does anybody have any experience with this software? I would like to start using something to make my tracks "louder." If you know about the war on dynamic range I fall on the end of the spectrum of keeping things quiet. However, I am sure there is a middle ground to be found from myself. Any help or advice will be well received.http://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ozone-maximizer/

Maximizer is ok, if I remember right you can set the meters to different standards such as k-metering so you can get an idea of how much gain to add back into your track in order to "fill" the headroom. Admittedly, I've abandoned it in favor of the FabFilter Pro-L (limiter) which I find has more flexibility and sound that caters to my ears. Check out the video demo (and they offer a 30 fully functioning demo).

To add, Waves products including maximizers, are on sale right now.

Fab filter does not make anything for reason yet :( The new format has stuff trickling in slowly for the rack use in reason. Some real cool new stuff but not everything yet.
For instance, I still want a visual frequency analyzer, native instruments synths, camel phat, and a maximizer that does not blow bubbles. Thanks for your input.

Ozone 5 is a freakin monster! I tend to keep away from the pre and post equalisation areas along with the reverb section. But adding the harmonic exciter, dynamics, stereo imaging and of course the maximiser settings onto your track will bring it to life like never before! Obviously, you have to have your mix working correctly before adding Ozone otherwise you'll just bring out all the descrepencies of your track.

Yeahh indeed, I use Ozone 5 inside Ableton on all my masters, the harmonic exciter, stereo imaging and limiter are the things I use most. Sometimes I use the pre EQ to shape the low end a bit if it is still a little bit muddy. Most of the times this can easily be solved by setting the pre EQ in mid/side mode, then taking out a bit or sometimes all sub bass from the sides, then I might as well add a tiny bit of highs to the sides if the track needs that tiny bit of stereo spreading on the high frequencies alone (note I'm talking about 1dB increases max.).

The Limiter is very good in Ozone 5, Intelligent III is the one I tend to use most. Btw next week my tutorial tuesday video will be about how I do my mastering with Ozone 5.

Yeahh indeed, I use Ozone 5 inside Ableton on all my masters, the harmonic exciter, stereo imaging and limiter are the things I use most. Sometimes I use the pre EQ to shape the low end a bit if it is still a little bit muddy. Most of the times this can easily be solved by setting the pre EQ in mid/side mode, then taking out a bit or sometimes all sub bass from the sides, then I might as well add a tiny bit of highs to the sides if the track needs that tiny bit of stereo spreading on the high frequencies alone (note I'm talking about 1dB increases max.).

The Limiter is very good in Ozone 5, Intelligent III is the one I tend to use most. Btw next week my tutorial tuesday video will be about how I do my mastering with Ozone 5.

I'll look forward to seeing that video mate, as I've got Ozone but haven't really got a clue what I'm doing with it lol. I know I should really learn it as almost every tutorial I see with a pro producer have it on their master channel :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom