Obey -Autonomic Studio Mix (December)

Sicx

VIP Junglist
Sooo December's 'Autonomic' mix is now up!
This may well be my last one of these as i've got other plans for next year, however if they go tits up i'll be back on doing these.
As per expect deep, minimal and ambient sounds.

Tracklist:

01. Kiyoko - First Light [Auxiliary]
02. Daughter - Love (Synkro Edit) [N/A]
03. ASC & Synkro - Sacred Moments [Auxiliary]
04. Mortem - Praxis [Translation]
05. Nuage - I Have Never Seen Mountains [Interactive]
06. Bulb - Madman's Haze [N/A]
07. They Live - The Alive [Exit]
08. Pink Floyd - Cluster One [Floyd]
09. Sam KDC - Symbol #8.2 [Auxiliary]
10. Consequence - Flashes [Exit]
11. Sam KDC - All Roads Lead Somewhere (ft. ASC) [Veil]
>>>ASC - Plume Pt. II [Samurai]
12. Lyterian - What We Left Behind Will Be Lost Forever [Space Cadets]
13. Autechre - Oval Moon (IBC Mix) [Warp]

Feedback, comments, faves etc etc etc very welcome!

well I definitely have my late night listening for tonight. :2thumbs:

big ups Sicx, & I like the sound of these other projects you have planned...do tell.

Saw this last night, but wanted to give it the listening it deserves & not just the time of day. Wicked (yet mostly unknown to me) track list :)

Such a sweet, ambient start to a Tuesday morning. First light is a peach & could imagine waking up outside to a sunrise with that as the dawn chorus. Soft vocals float in from Daughter's - Love. Some sort of well placed tambourine in there works really well with those vocals. Sacred Moments moved in off the back of Love. An almost effortless transition in tempo's that sat together nicely. Really like the well thought out drum patterns in Synkro's work. Not having to put drums / percussion in all the time & letting the tune breath with the bass. Also like the melody in the breakdown of Sacred Moments. The awkward bass of Praxis with breakbeats came in well on the tail end of Sacred Moments. Pleasing half time beats in I Have Never Seen Mountains are quality with the piano notes & lazy vocals. Madman's Haze is aptly named, as it brought back memories of 80's films like The Terminator with atmospheric bass & synth waves drifting in & out. The Alive - Cluster One - Symbol #8.2 section was seamlessly mixed & couldn't really tell where one tune ended & the other started. Some electric guitar in there which I presume is the Pink Floyd tune. Flashes starts to build the (minor) energy again, with All Roads Lead Somewhere melody sitting in the mix really well. The hook in that is rather nice. Love the little ticky bits in Plume pt II (if it is that tune at 31:22?).

Was really tempted to pick up that Lyterian EP as there are some ease listening bits on there. What We Left Behind Will Be Lost Forever takes me back to my childhood, or waking up with the tv on to something like the cbeebee's channel in the early morning. Oval Moon is another nice tune that isn't usually my cup of tea, but sounded like it fitted off the back of all that had been mixed before it.

Another wicked episode in the series Sicx! The downbeat / easy listening dubstep isn't usually my kinda thing, but it was an enjoyable listen at the start & end. Really liked the main / central section, even though I lost where I was in the track list. And as Stu mentioned, also interested to see what new projects / ideas you have planned for next year

Saw this last night, but wanted to give it the listening it deserves & not just the time of day. Wicked (yet mostly unknown to me) track list :)

Such a sweet, ambient start to a Tuesday morning. First light is a peach & could imagine waking up outside to a sunrise with that as the dawn chorus. Soft vocals float in from Daughter's - Love. Some sort of well placed tambourine in there works really well with those vocals. Sacred Moments moved in off the back of Love. An almost effortless transition in tempo's that sat together nicely. Really like the well thought out drum patterns in Synkro's work. Not having to put drums / percussion in all the time & letting the tune breath with the bass. Also like the melody in the breakdown of Sacred Moments. The awkward bass of Praxis with breakbeats came in well on the tail end of Sacred Moments. Pleasing half time beats in I Have Never Seen Mountains are quality with the piano notes & lazy vocals. Madman's Haze is aptly named, as it brought back memories of 80's films like The Terminator with atmospheric bass & synth waves drifting in & out. The Alive - Cluster One - Symbol #8.2 section was seamlessly mixed & couldn't really tell where one tune ended & the other started. Some electric guitar in there which I presume is the Pink Floyd tune. Flashes starts to build the (minor) energy again, with All Roads Lead Somewhere melody sitting in the mix really well. The hook in that is rather nice. Love the little ticky bits in Plume pt II (if it is that tune at 31:22?).

Was really tempted to pick up that Lyterian EP as there are some ease listening bits on there. What We Left Behind Will Be Lost Forever takes me back to my childhood, or waking up with the tv on to something like the cbeebee's channel in the early morning. Oval Moon is another nice tune that isn't usually my cup of tea, but sounded like it fitted off the back of all that had been mixed before it.

Another wicked episode in the series Sicx! The downbeat / easy listening dubstep isn't usually my kinda thing, but it was an enjoyable listen at the start & end. Really liked the main / central section, even though I lost where I was in the track list. And as Stu mentioned, also interested to see what new projects / ideas you have planned for next year
Wicked feedback Watcha! Thanks alot man, really appreciate the time you took to do a detailed breakdown. +rep

i just came
Haha cheers castel, hope you enojoy this one dude.

This is just stunning man! Totally wicked selection, props for using Cluster One, I absolutely love this song! The rest of them tunes were wicked, too, don't know basically any tune apart from Symbol #8.2 and it's always great to discover new beats, so big up for that. Really adore that Mortem bit for instance. And the way you mix this, just splendid, great job. I'd be very sad if you'd stop doing those, haven't got properly into them until the last month tbh, but canning them ever since :)

I just thought this was fucking awesome tbh.

I find it difficult to do the in depth feedback on your mixes as half the time i'm either in awe at a tune I don't recognise, or just the smoothness of whats going on.

Props for dropping Cluster One...you have quite an eclectic taste!

I hope (and i'm sure a few people will say the same thing) whatever is in the offing for you project wise next year try and stick a autonomic/exit mix up in the new year :2thumbs: ...as i've said before I really digged this series. One of the earlier ones I still absolutely cain, there certainly isn't enough exposure for these styles of dnb, which I think you touch on really well in all these installments.

Massive respect to you bro. You've opened a whole broad new world of dnb for me in these mixes, which if I ever go digital I will probably try and start mixing myself, if it werent for you and Jack I probably would have never thought anything like this, but the more I hear the more I want to mix it!

Big ups again matey.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Sicx again

This is just stunning man! Totally wicked selection, props for using Cluster One, I absolutely love this song! The rest of them tunes were wicked, too, don't know basically any tune apart from Symbol #8.2 and it's always great to discover new beats, so big up for that. Really adore that Mortem bit for instance. And the way you mix this, just splendid, great job. I'd be very sad if you'd stop doing those, haven't got properly into them until the last month tbh, but canning them ever since :)

I just thought this was fucking awesome tbh.

I find it difficult to do the in depth feedback on your mixes as half the time i'm either in awe at a tune I don't recognise, or just the smoothness of whats going on.

Props for dropping Cluster One...you have quite an eclectic taste!

I hope (and i'm sure a few people will say the same thing) whatever is in the offing for you project wise next year try and stick a autonomic/exit mix up in the new year :2thumbs: ...as i've said before I really digged this series. One of the earlier ones I still absolutely cain, there certainly isn't enough exposure for these styles of dnb, which I think you touch on really well in all these installments.

Massive respect to you bro. You've opened a whole broad new world of dnb for me in these mixes, which if I ever go digital I will probably try and start mixing myself, if it werent for you and Jack I probably would have never thought anything like this, but the more I hear the more I want to mix it!

Big ups again matey.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Sicx again
Fucking hell that's some high praise! Really really glad you enjoyed it so much!
Been meaning to use Cluster One for ages, big fan of Pink Floyd and they're soundscape'ey bits like this one are lovely.
My other plans defintaly include this sort of sound though, and i'll continue to record this sort of style for sure, they just might not be as frequent. However when i do im going to try incorporate a fair few genres into each output.
Once again thanks for the kind words though lads, really means alot :)

mate why on earth have i not listened to this yet, im totes lame. will leave some thoughts tonight!

mate why on earth have i not listened to this yet, im totes lame. will leave some thoughts tonight!
I know jack wtf man!?
But thanks man.

Not gunna lie now ive said im going to stop doing them ive picked up some really sick deep bits...

never thought it would be possible considering the very high quality of these mixes but this is seriously next. pure pure vibes. every track is beautiful, seamlessly mixed etc etc i'd be well proud of this mix! you know about oval moon too! quality as always from warp. definitely needed a post on the UE page haha

don't drop 170 please :) oooo what plans tho, how intriguing

Nice mix. Lovely vibe.

That has to be one of only a few Autechre tracks I don't have. They have a new album coming soon too btw.

never thought it would be possible considering the very high quality of these mixes but this is seriously next. pure pure vibes. every track is beautiful, seamlessly mixed etc etc i'd be well proud of this mix! you know about oval moon too! quality as always from warp. definitely needed a post on the UE page haha

don't drop 170 please :) oooo what plans tho, how intriguing
Thank you as always jack, & cheers for the cheeky UE post, glad you were feeling it that much. Oval moon is lovely, really deep aphex twin'y 80's vibes.
Plans are mostly to do with my clothing company as i need it to get more exposure, the plan is a monthly podcast/mix series done by me and a couple of bigger named producers.

i only know praxis but i know its amazing so will listen (eventually)
Cheers jwood.

Nice mix. Lovely vibe.

That has to be one of only a few Autechre tracks I don't have. They have a new album coming soon too btw.
Big up sirus, glad you liked it.
Wicked, i'll be sure to check it out.

Back
Top Bottom