Obey - Autocast Episode 2

Sicx

VIP Junglist
Been a month since I recorded episode 1 so tis now time for number 2.
As usual full of deep, minimal, ambient vibes so mainly for home listening, although the majority of this is drum & bass as apposed to last time.

Tracklist:

01. Synth Sense - The SRV Experiment
02. Reso - Simple Pleasures (Om Unit Remix)
03. Sam KDC - A Prelude to Winter (James' Song)
04. Hammock - This Kind of Life Keeps Breaking Your Heart
05. ASC - Plume (Pt. II)
06. Sam KDC - Alleviate
07. Synth Sense - RD-3579 (Widescreen Mix)
08. Method One - Symbol #5.1
09. ASC - Esper
10. Fanu - Abyssinia
11. Blue Motion - Only Words (Triad Remix)
12. Nuage - Fair Question
13. Seba - Can't Describe
14. Nuage - Before (ft. Yorra)
15. BvDub - Peonies Fall For Kings
16. The xx - Fiction

As usual feedback, downloads, faves, follows all very much appreciated!

Last edited:
dude! ur my main source for this style. i salute you.

likewise - but its more midnight listening for me.

On this Sicx. Love your mixes. (y) thought you ended the forum mix well too.

Also - whats the deal with that Elephant Colour Trunk sweatshirt on the Sierra Network website? How long before they will be in stock do you reckon? Looks swish do want.

dude! ur my main source for this style. i salute you.
Big up Ted! No pressure then ;)
likewise - but its more midnight listening for me.

On this Sicx. Love your mixes. (y) thought you ended the forum mix well too.

Also - whats the deal with that Elephant Colour Trunk sweatshirt on the Sierra Network website? How long before they will be in stock do you reckon? Looks swish do want.
Cheers mate, yea was good to get a couple of kind words for that bit. Was telling Dan idea was to go into a space-age, sci-fi sorta idea. Future of Dnb and all that, plus i knew it would be different to what other people were doing.
Elephant ones should be up in a week or so, hopefully... I got a new podcast done by someone to go up at the same time so im hoping next week sometime.
standardly on this, you picked the best track of the bunch from seba's album i reckon
Nice one Jack, yeah for sure
Seen + will be the next mix I listen to once I get round to the last 6 years of the forum timeline mix
Yes Watcha! Your feedback is very, very much apprecaited dude.

Obey!

Got a chance to check this out last night, just stopping by to drop some feedback. Big ups man, the lineup looked like a smasher all the way from top to bottom, with some instant recognitions.

The intro elements from 'The SRV Experiment' to 'Simple Pleasures' was almost unrecognizable. I cheated here and had to make sure which track was what; had to looked it up because it all blended nicely. These were new to the ears, and really like the intensity there followed by 'A Prelude to Winter,' which of course I recognized. That track tends to calm the waters with the lush pads and drumming. I really enjoyed the inclusion of the ambient tune that follows (This Kind of Life Keeps Breaking your Heart), which is a fitting title and feel. The placement of that tune sets up the next one, and at that point I can see the direction you're going with the set. It's nice to hear that transition without thinking about it too much, mostly because I don't even know when 'Plume (Pt.II)' comes in!

Sam KDC's 'Alleviate' is an absolute stormer, and perhaps my favorite track on the Auxcast CD, which of course, I probably should bag, if only everything was as consistent as that entry. Might have to settle for a couple individual purchases in that one, but I don't think I've ever been disappointed with a Sam KDC release thus far. New to the ears is Synth Sense's RD-3579, which sounds like a tension scene out of a sci-fi film, and really digging the intensity once again there. Now, the next mix is a conscious conflict for me: Method One's 5.1 is an absolutely gorgeous track and I recognize it well...the build up is amazing, and you set up the drop on the opening melody in contrast with 'RD-3579' flawlessly. If anything, however, is that 5.1 comes in a little strong, but your intention there is definitely worthy of credit: It is a bold mix to attempt and I do like that you took a chance. Good stuff there!

Is it creepy that I recognize '5.1' -> 'Espers' from a previous mix of yours? :D I am not so sure, but I think I've heard that combination before and it still suits well. From then on forward, I like the driving breaks 'Abyssinia,' which presents itself nicely with the vocal undertones. The breakdown is maddening, I thought your track was skipping and then noticed it was part of the act. Whew! If that wasn't enough, the rampant 'acid' 303s were absolutely wicked! (25:30) I'll have to keep an eye out for that one. A nice exchange forward in 'Only Words' pretty much set up 'Fair Question,' which is a nice stepper with lush melodies and pads to finally drop the massive 'Can't Describe,' which is a monster jam to end the drum and bass / 170 tempo portion of the mix. I love the way Seba uses vocals to "sing out" the various melodies in that track. Can't describe!

Closing segment of the mix is good work of blending in different tempos together to sound like a collage of mixes - all new tracks for me. Quality stuff from Nuage as usual, and bvdub's work is becoming more and more recognizable. 'Fictions' I thought was a cool synth pop feel of a track that deserves kudos on its arrangement with a dance feel. After that, the set sort of just...ends...to be continued of course, until the next Autocast, which I look forward to. :)

Excellent work man, as always.

Last edited:
Obey!

Got a chance to check this out last night, just stopping by to drop some feedback. Big ups man, the lineup looked like a smasher all the way from top to bottom, with some instant recognitions.

The intro elements from 'The SRV Experiment' to 'Simple Pleasures' was almost unrecognizable. I cheated here and had to make sure which track was what; had to looked it up because it all blended nicely. These were new to the ears, and really like the intensity there followed by 'A Prelude to Winter,' which of course I recognized. That track tends to calm the waters with the lush pads and drumming. I really enjoyed the inclusion of the ambient tune that follows (This Kind of Life Keeps Breaking your Heart), which is a fitting title and feel. The placement of that tune sets up the next one, and at that point I can see the direction you're going with the set. It's nice to hear that transition without thinking about it too much, mostly because I don't even know when 'Plume (Pt.II)' comes in!

Sam KDC's 'Alleviate' is an absolute stormer, and perhaps my favorite track on the Auxcast CD, which of course, I probably should bag, if only everything was as consistent as that entry. Might have to settle for a couple individual purchases in that one, but I don't think I've ever been disappointed with a Sam KDC release thus far. New to the ears is Synth Sense's RD-3579, which sounds like a tension scene out of a sci-fi film, and really digging the intensity once again there. Now, the next mix is a conscious conflict for me: Method One's 5.1 is an absolutely gorgeous track and I recognize it well...the build up is amazing, and you set up the drop on the opening melody in contrast with 'RD-3579' flawlessly. If anything, however, is that 5.1 comes in a little strong, but your intention there is definitely worthy of credit: It is a bold mix to attempt and I do like that you took a chance. Good stuff there!

Is it creepy that I recognize '5.1' -> 'Espers' from a previous mix of yours? I am not so sure, but I think I've heard that combination before and it still suits well. From then on forward, I like the driving breaks 'Abyssinia,' which presents itself nicely when the vocal undertones. The breakdown is maddening, I thought your track was skipping and then noticed it was part of the act. Then the rampant 'acid' 303s were absolutely wicked! (25:30) I'll have to keep an eye out for that one. A nice exchange forward in 'Only Words' pretty much set up 'Fair Question,' which is a nice stepper with lush melodies and pads to finally drop the massive 'Can't Describe,' which is a monster jam to end the drum and bass / 170 tempo portion of the mix. I love the way Seba uses vocals to "sing out" the various melodies in that track. Can't describe!

Closing segment of the mix is good work of blending in different tempos together to sound like a collage of mixes - all new tracks for me. Quality stuff from Nuage as usual, and bvdub's work is becoming more and more recognizable. 'Fictions' I thought was a cool synth pop feel of a track that deserves a kudos on its arrangement with a dance feel. After that, the set sort of just...ends...to be continued of course, until the next Autocast, which I look forward to. :)

Excellent work man, as always.
Wicked feedback dude!
Totally agree about 5.1 coming in a bit bold, the idea here was to fade in the little melody as they're both really deep, space age tunes. RD-3579 being a little more experimental, almost like sound effects, but I wanted 5.1 to bring back the more musical side but I think the EQ'ing was abit off!

Yeah the 5.1 > Espers I actually heard first from an ASC mix (Kana Broadcast I think?) when 5.1 was still unknown and I was obsessed with it. Feel kinda bad for using it but it works so well together. Although ASC mixes it better than I do...

Cheers though Deploy, really detailed feedback and very much appreciate it

Really liked this mix and all the elements in it :) Such a sweet tracklist

Thought I would try out a new style of feedback :teeth: but didn't seem to go down well, so.....

Loved the melodies in the Synth Sense bit & before long Simple Pleasure rmx was in. Such a wicked tunes to mix & I'm really enjoying that one myself. A Prelude to Winter rolled well off the back of that Om Unit rmx. Wish that rmx was a bit longer after that break down, but there is enough to mix in the first half of that tune I find. Nice laid back beats of APTW with effortless ambient bass, reminding me a little of Groove Armada's At The River. Could see the waveform on the soundcloud drastically change shape, but the transition is anything but. This Kind of Life Keeps Breaking Your Heart brings more lone spaces out soundscapes with no beats for complete effectiveness, akin to some XX flavours, which I see grace the tracklist later on, tied in with a slightly familiar Plume 2 from hearing it or part 1 in the Forum Timeline mix. Heard a fair amount of Sam KDC tunes to know when Alleviate is in & really liked the thought out beat in that, bringing together different drums for a cool structure. Blasts & expulsion I believe start to push RD-3579 in with an additional pulsating, heartbeat style kick. More melodies of Method One's Symbol scale down onto RD-3579 very well. Have heard the hook at 18:30 before, but I don't know where.

More autonomic beats begin to bounce at 20:00 where I think Esper is in, or coming in. Kinda lost my way around here. Really liked that Fanu bit. The drums in that are pretty cool, with that strange female wailing underneath the tune before that fully drops. Didn't see that Only Words rmx at first glance when I saw the tracklist. Have that sat in the stack, but don't play it. Must play it some more, and find away to include it in the B&B series ;) The way Fair Question picked up the pace was incredible. Pleasing to here the way that worked without going too energetic (the break in that was very peachy), the chimes throughout that were easy on the ears & leads itself into Can't Describe, which I was expecting would keep the pace going from Nuage's bit before, and did just that. Didn't expect the change in direction when the next Nuage tune comes in, but it wasn't too much of a change of flavours. Not normally liking the non dnb stuff, it was still quite nice. Peonies Fall For Kings was another nice first listen with the vocals of that complimenting the tune itself, before an XX tune that I hadn't heard. I like a fair few tunes of theirs & that didn't disappoint. The drawn out stringed notes at 46:26 are just something else & only they know how to use to full effect.

Wicked stuff Sicx! Great 'Sunday morning' stuff, or at anytime. Something you really excel at man. My ears always like listening to these :)

Thought I would try out a new style of feedback :teeth: but didn't seem to go down well, so.....

Loved the melodies in the Synth Sense bit & before long Simple Pleasure rmx was in. Such a wicked tunes to mix & I'm really enjoying that one myself. A Prelude to Winter rolled well off the back of that Om Unit rmx. Wish that rmx was a bit longer after that break down, but there is enough to mix in the first half of that tune I find. Nice laid back beats of APTW with effortless ambient bass, reminding me a little of Groove Armada's At The River. Could see the waveform on the soundcloud drastically change shape, but the transition is anything but. This Kind of Life Keeps Breaking Your Heart brings more lone spaces out soundscapes with no beats for complete effectiveness, akin to some XX flavours, which I see grace the tracklist later on, tied in with a slightly familiar Plume 2 from hearing it or part 1 in the Forum Timeline mix. Heard a fair amount of Sam KDC tunes to know when Alleviate is in & really liked the thought out beat in that, bringing together different drums for a cool structure. Blasts & expulsion I believe start to push RD-3579 in with an additional pulsating, heartbeat style kick. More melodies of Method One's Symbol scale down onto RD-3579 very well. Have heard the hook at 18:30 before, but I don't know where.

More autonomic beats begin to bounce at 20:00 where I think Esper is in, or coming in. Kinda lost my way around here. Really liked that Fanu bit. The drums in that are pretty cool, with that strange female wailing underneath the tune before that fully drops. Didn't see that Only Words rmx at first glance when I saw the tracklist. Have that sat in the stack, but don't play it. Must play it some more, and find away to include it in the B&B series ;) The way Fair Question picked up the pace was incredible. Pleasing to here the way that worked without going too energetic (the break in that was very peachy), the chimes throughout that were easy on the ears & leads itself into Can't Describe, which I was expecting would keep the pace going from Nuage's bit before, and did just that. Didn't expect the change in direction when the next Nuage tune comes in, but it wasn't too much of a change of flavours. Not normally liking the non dnb stuff, it was still quite nice. Peonies Fall For Kings was another nice first listen with the vocals of that complimenting the tune itself, before an XX tune that I hadn't heard. I like a fair few tunes of theirs & that didn't disappoint. The drawn out stringed notes at 46:26 are just something else & only they know how to use to full effect.

Wicked stuff Sicx! Great 'Sunday morning' stuff, or at anytime. Something you really excel at man. My ears always like listening to these :)
Haha, i saw that and thought, wait, Watcha on the one sentence feedback, what have I done wrong?

Yeah I though this but i couldn't think of that much stuff that would mix well into Can't Describe that was along the minimal vibe, as I didnt want to go too upbeat.
Cheers though man as per really appreciate it

I've had a couple of evenings listening to this man.
I really find I struggle to feedback purely for the fact I barely know the tunes, but if anything I like the way it takes you through a deep journey which felt timeless. By the time I get to the end of the mix I feel like I am yearning for more which is great.

Ultimate insomnia music, mixed effortlessly.

(y)

I've had a couple of evenings listening to this man.
I really find I struggle to feedback purely for the fact I barely know the tunes, but if anything I like the way it takes you through a deep journey which felt timeless. By the time I get to the end of the mix I feel like I am yearning for more which is great.

No worries dude any sort of comment or feedback is great. Glad you enjoyed it though Stu, cheers!

Sat there in bed the other night and gave this a whirl man. Proper chill out business. Deep shit. Anyway I loved it... not my usual style, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Safe for introducing me to a new genre of music man. Will keep an eye out for the next :2thumbs:

(y)

stu summed it up excellently here, was listening last night playing some late night fifa and it made for really good listening. it's so nice to listen to something alot more chilled out but essentially still drum and bass, especially when you're feeling a bit knackered and don't particularly want anything too blaring on. i love how the tracks are still pretty obscure and not too many people know about this sorta style, like danzilla above me it must be pretty sweet knowing you've introduced someone to the music. quite a few tracks in there i need to get acquainted with, particularly that nuage bit that i commented on (i think it's that one?) beautiful stuff. can always really on you to bring the deepness haha, thoroughly enjoyable all the way through so bigggg ups

Back
Top Bottom