Non Producing Death Metal guy from London seeks drums help. Cash waiting for project.

djames

Hi all, new to site.

I am developing a music project and would love to incorporate some drum and bass, dubstep or breakcore elements.

My first problem is I know nothing about producing drum and bass or dubstep or breakcore and know nothing about using a daw, even though I have farted around on audacity and fl. Not very good. I have looked into sample packs but they are not what I am after.

I would like to hook up with a drum programmer who could work on the drum beats, if poss using drum programming software like drumkit from hell to mix up standard death metal beats with breaks and those things when the snare goes quick. Snare rush? Told you I know nothing ha ha. A real mash up between fast and slow, random times, all over shop, a bit of amen, blast, slow, more amen, dubstep 140 back to blast then back to amen etc. I will then take the completed drum tracks to commercial studio to record my guitar, shouted vocals and samples.

I understand there will be many folk out there who charge for such services, however if I was to pay then I would not be able to hire studio or get promo discs done up. I will be paying for studio time and disc duplication and I will promote the act. Oh yeah you get a day in studio to add any other bits so consider it a free day in studio to let loose.

For those who may be interested I will not below some tracks and acts below so you can have a better understanding.

The Berzerker
Igorrr V Morbid Angel
Whourkr

If there is no one to help me how can I go about doing a day in studio with producer/engineer who can do beats and record my guitar same day. There are many studios in London recording many styles but I can't seem to find a dedicated studio in break/d and b who also has the option of recording guitars.

Thanks for any advice

Darren

Re: Non Producing Death Metal guy from London seeks drums help. Cash waiting for proj

what your asking for is very specific and if your creating a music project like this you should get familiar with some sound production bare minimum.

My advice is look on youtube for beginner tutorials on the DAW you have in mind and move on to breaks and mark my words you will soon be able to create what you ask for to the 'T' exactly how you want.

If you happen to get Ableton live, which I recommend, give me a shout an will be glad to help.

There are a shed load of sample packs on the net, once you got some DAW basics you could just manipulate them to suit your needs.

Re: Non Producing Death Metal guy from London seeks drums help. Cash waiting for proj

Hi, thanks for reply.

In regards to sound stuff I am a qualified sound engineer, however I just hate working with daws ha ha. Even if I did some work, which I do, it still will be amateur hour ha ha.

No problem at all. Trust me, I knew nothing about ableton last year and look at my tracks to see what I'm capable of now, even the tracks dated 7 months ago are half decent. If you are qualified then you will have no trouble settling into the controls of any daw. The tools are there just not in obvious places as others. Give it 3 months with the tutorials and you'll have a layered drum rack at your disposal, how you want it to sound and thats the point. Also discussing sound engineering with a daw and with techniques like envelopes and frequency shifters/phasers over aim or messager with precision is very difficult, unless they were a twin brother - on the same level basically.

Hi, thanks again for advice.

MATT DAMON

Hi all, new to site.

I am developing a music project and would love to incorporate some drum and bass, dubstep or breakcore elements.

My first problem is I know nothing about producing drum and bass or dubstep or breakcore and know nothing about using a daw, even though I have farted around on audacity and fl. Not very good. I have looked into sample packs but they are not what I am after.

I would like to hook up with a drum programmer who could work on the drum beats, if poss using drum programming software like drumkit from hell to mix up standard death metal beats with breaks and those things when the snare goes quick. Snare rush? Told you I know nothing ha ha. A real mash up between fast and slow, random times, all over shop, a bit of amen, blast, slow, more amen, dubstep 140 back to blast then back to amen etc. I will then take the completed drum tracks to commercial studio to record my guitar, shouted vocals and samples.

I understand there will be many folk out there who charge for such services, however if I was to pay then I would not be able to hire studio or get promo discs done up. I will be paying for studio time and disc duplication and I will promote the act. Oh yeah you get a day in studio to add any other bits so consider it a free day in studio to let loose.

For those who may be interested I will not below some tracks and acts below so you can have a better understanding.

The Berzerker
Igorrr V Morbid Angel
Whourkr

If there is no one to help me how can I go about doing a day in studio with producer/engineer who can do beats and record my guitar same day. There are many studios in London recording many styles but I can't seem to find a dedicated studio in break/d and b who also has the option of recording guitars.

Thanks for any advice

Darren

hi dude, well glad to to hear you are doing something a little different. I'm just gonna throw my initial thought at you
all those changes you want in one track, sounds like its going to be messy - if you are using drum and bass beats, they usually always work best at a consistent tempo, back and forth tempo swapping (while easy to perfect in a live band, is harder to program smoothly)

maybe (for example) you could consider having a dnb section in the second half of one track, or a drum and bass intro - dubstep section in one tune, amen mashup in another tune .. thats all im saying i would try and spread those ideas out rather than just bang them all together, if you know what i mean.

Other than that this doesnt sound like a job thats too hard, if you are just wanting fairly straight forward beats, and no bass synthesis or other production skills, i'm sure i can contribute if you dont find anybody else on here

The project sounds very interesting, and I would be very interested in hearing the end product. As people have said, perhaps give some time or energy into creating your own drums using a DAW, it could be a very rewarding experience for you. Listening to the examples you have listed it sounds like you would be looking for some manic breakbeat/core (alot of blast beating for the drumming especially on The Berserker). Upon getting to grips with drum and bass production after being a university music student for 3 years I feel my abilities may not be best suited for your style but good luck man!

Back
Top Bottom