Nice One Bruva

Fishy:)

VIP Junglist
Hehe human traffic. I agree with ARTFX and i think the bass doesent really fit at all with the drums, like u havent equed properly, ur drums are also very repetitive and weak, they need boosting as fuck and more variation pleaase. But ur onto something, keep up the good work:)

prettyherb

O I
VIP Junglist
If you would make those drums a bit more agressive, heavy, it would fit with you bass, which i like :) And try to add some variation like said before.
And maybe for the intro, try to use some fx, pads, risers, cause it is a bit empty with only that percussion.
But after all it's a good job imo

Over

i lke more hypno than hard vibe , but this is just my taste, if you try to make more hard drums they will fit for sure , i like the hh with accent ....

Thanks for the feedback guys. Any tips on getting a more aggressive sound on the drums particularly the snare? My friend suggested putting a limiter on it and upping the volume though I think there has to be a better way than that. I already have a compressor on the snare to tighten it up a bit.

Also, I've tried making a riser in the es2 just using a high pitched sine wave and a lot of glide but I don't dig the sound of it. Its pretty boring and cheesy. Any tips on that?

If you can't tell I'm a total noob ;)

Over

Snare : some distorion not too high.
Riser : no formula . Just find something that fit with the song and your
personal taste ....

J-Rex

soundcloud.com/j-rex
VIP Junglist
haha i've been making a tune the last couple of days with the exact same sample, bit of a cheesy one but had to be done!
if you wana beef up your snare layer up 1 or 2 with a clap, maybe a small amount of distortion or overdrive
you should also add some more layers, maybe a hi passed break or ride pattern at the drop + extra synth sounds etc
bass is sounding good though, maybe a little more low end wouldn't do any harm

Ok so the distortion recommendation worked great on the snare. It sounds much, much better now. Thanks!

I made a pretty decent riser using two square waves and some white noise in the es2. I then attached the pitch of all 3 oscillators to an lfo. Then I used the latch function to slowly apply a ring shifter effect to it.

My main problems right now are filling out the intro and getting the kick to really hit hard. Any recommendations concerning that? I listen to jump up tunes I love and the intros really don't seem much different than the one I currently have yet it feels like it is lacking so much.

Top Bottom