New track that I've tweaked/edited for review please

I like the song a lot. I've listened to the old unedited version on a previous thread and it is sounding better now. I'm still feeling like there's not enough emphasis on the sub-bass though. It just needs a little boosting in that region, if you ask me. Other than that it's very well-produced. It's really catchy too!

Its sounds good man. The composition is great and all the synth work sounds really good and really fills out the mix but imo the kick and snare don't have enough clout. They should have a lot more presence. Also whats the lowest note played on your sub bass??? I think a few of them are played below E-1 maybe a D (correct me if I'm wrong) and it sounds really rumbly. You'd be better off moving that low D an octave up because anything below that E isn't much use.

^Agreed on the kick and snare comment above. I think they sound good, just need to poke through the mix more in my opinion.
Also make sure your sub bass is mono...that may be the cause of some of the rumble on the lower notes. Sounding good, keep it up!

Thanks for the feedback guys I'm currently working on the Kick and Snare to see if I can improve them. In terms of the Sub bass the notes are A,F,G,D and they are the notes below the c4 on the piano roll. I'm not sure does that mean I should move them up or something ??

anything below an F1 is under ~40hz which most but not all speakers struggle with, so a general rule is to have the lowest note of your sub as either an F or E, either by transposing the whole song up a few semi tones or just put the D up an octave.

When you say lowest note should be an F and you say put the D up an octave, would that mean moving it up so its the same key on the piano roll but under the c5 instead? Bit of a noob with things like this ha... Is it just the D that needs changing ? are the A,F,G ok? Thanks and thanks Bongitron...

When you say lowest note should be an F and you say put the D up an octave, would that mean moving it up so its the same key on the piano roll but under the c5 instead? Bit of a noob with things like this ha... Is it just the D that needs changing ? are the A,F,G ok? Thanks and thanks Bongitron...

Don't worry about it man. I've had this same problem before. I thought there was a D in there. The lowest D in your baseline sounds really rumbly when played through my sub. It might be worth playing that D and octave higher. It's too low I'm afraid. Either that or you could change the key of your track and have that D played a couple of semitones higher so you're playing an E instead. That E would sound fine.

I can hear the difference right away, bass sounds so much better. Great work.

Will add to this reply once I have more time but suffice to say you're defo going in the right direction mate.

Back
Top Bottom