new to the game

echoingdeaf

merkage recordings
ive been producing hip hop for nearly a decade using and mpc 2000xl and other hardware. however, this year i am making the switch to logic. my question is how do i not only chop and edit my drum breaks/loops but also sequence them? i am thinking about using recycle.

echoingdeaf said:
ive been producing hip hop for nearly a decade using and mpc 2000xl and other hardware. however, this year i am making the switch to logic. my question is how do i not only chop and edit my drum breaks/loops but also sequence them? i am thinking about using recycle.
Recycle's exactly what you need then.

Chop your break to 1 bar or whatever you need, load it into Recycle, set the slices and export to separate waves or a .rex (Recycle file) then load into your software sampler.

no dizzle. i am using logic express 7 point 1. recycle is definitely on my "to buy" list. thanks for the advise. also, does anyone know about any good drum vst's? im looking ofr old stuff like roland 404s, 808s, 909s etc.. any info would be appreciated.

tbh mate you can use samples for all those drum machines - theres tons around the net.

hollowsun.com used to have a massive collection of free wavs from these machines but there down now.

i DO have all of them backed up tho, if you want em, let me know !

im assuming you use mac, i dont so dont know any good drum machines, but you get a sampler free with logic dont you ?

cheers

Back
Top Bottom