DnB New to DnB, looking for artists.

DnBnewbie

Hello all,

I am a 20 year old guy from the netherlands. I love hardstyle and never really gave DnB a chance.
Untill last weekend, I went to lowlands festival and saw some DnB artists there(Guerilla speakez, tnight(hudson mohawke x lunice), just blaze, noisia, calyx & teebee, black sun empire, chase and status)
And to my surprise, I really enjoyed it.
I by far enjoyed chase and status the most. I have been nonstop listening to them now, but now I want more!

So that's why I came here, to the experts. I am requesting more artists who make music like chase and status.
Forgive me if I mentioned any names DnB, that are not DnB, but as I said, I'm really new.

Regards

Kasra ,Enei ,Mefjus ,Break , Ed Rush,Optical ,Audio Nymfo , S.P.Y ,Foreign Concept ,Emperor ,Alix Perez , Icicle ,Rockwell ,Calibre ,Technimatic ,Dub Phizix ,Skeptical ,Hybrid Minds ,LSB ,June Miller ,Octane ,DLR ,Phace ,Noisia ,Foreign Beggars,Sabre ,Stray ,Halogenix , Cern ,BCee,Survival ,Silent Witness,Ulterior Motive,Villem ,Jubei,Lynx ,Spectrasoul,Zero T,Rido ,DRS ,D Bridge ,Hybris,Marcus Intalex ,Logistics ,Klute ,Prolix ,High Contrast,Ulterior Motive ,Need For Mirrors,Chimpo ,Sam Willis,Optiv ,BTK,Xtrah,Maztek to name some ,guess that'll keep you going for a while . I'd start with technimatic ,spectrasoul and perez since they would best fit from what you described

the new loadstar album - future perfect could be up your sleeve as its very varied and has a lot of tunes with vocals/in a songwriting approach

also check out the pendulum albums if you haven't already
If it's just about vocals then the DRS album I don't usually like Mc's but... is very good, but thats going into deeper territory

oh and chase & status are releasing a new album octoberish, but few acts are doing dnb in such a "song rather than tune" manner like chase & status, maybe sub focus, some camo & krooked, the qemists (join the q as an album, or take it back as a single), the new alix perez album chroma chords has a load of "songs" on it but at least half of it is in halftime and i dunno if you'll dig that

Loadstar, Wilkinson, Sub Focus, Nero, Pendulum, Qemists, Netsky, Delta Heavy, Spor, Noisia, The Upbeats, Camo & Krooked and DC Breaks, there should be something there you like

Anyone know any good websites to listen and download Dnb that involves the MC, because I cant stand the tune without one?

Last edited:
Kasra ,Enei ,Mefjus ,Break , Ed Rush,Optical ,Audio Nymfo , S.P.Y ,Foreign Concept ,Emperor ,Alix Perez , Icicle ,Rockwell ,Calibre ,Technimatic ,Dub Phizix ,Skeptical ,Hybrid Minds ,LSB ,June Miller ,Octane ,DLR ,Phace ,Noisia ,Foreign Beggars,Sabre ,Stray ,Halogenix , Cern ,BCee,Survival ,Silent Witness,Ulterior Motive,Villem ,Jubei,Lynx ,Spectrasoul,Zero T,Rido ,DRS ,D Bridge ,Hybris,Marcus Intalex ,Logistics ,Klute ,Prolix ,High Contrast,Ulterior Motive ,Need For Mirrors,Chimpo ,Sam Willis,Optiv ,BTK,Xtrah,Maztek to name some ,guess that'll keep you going for a while . I'd start with technimatic ,spectrasoul and perez since they would best fit from what you described

This is definitely a good post. I'd also recommend you check out Paradox, Nebula (holy shit, amazing artist if I've ever heard one), DJ Trace, some Photek, Nucleus, Peshey, and 2D33P, just as addendums to the quoted part ;)

This is definitely a good post. I'd also recommend you check out Paradox, Nebula (holy shit, amazing artist if I've ever heard one), DJ Trace, some Photek, Nucleus, Peshey, and 2D33P, just as addendums to the quoted part ;)

the guy saw black sun empire, clalyx & teebee and noisia and enjoyed chae & status the most, why is everyone suggesting deep and techy or even jungley stuff? yes they are good artists but have absoultely nothing to do with his stated preferences @_@

Holy shit, that's a lot of artists, thanks a lot!

the guy saw black sun empire, clalyx & teebee and noisia and enjoyed chae & status the most, why is everyone suggesting deep and techy or even jungley stuff? yes they are good artists but have absoultely nothing to do with his stated preferences @_@

What do you suggest then? I also liked pendulum and loadstar had some good songs.

Didn't think of it that way; but maybe on the off-chance they shoot around on some different stuff, they may keep some of these mentions in mind. Wouldn't hurt.

I saw C&S at a festival usual pop crap but a year ago saw them at another venue shogun warehouse they played a dark old skool jungle vibe set ripped the fkin shit out of the place only Friction topped then, i was proper shocked turned out to be one of the best sets of the night , they've still got it when they want to show off, which perfectly its in with BSE noisa and Calyx n teebee which explains this. Some times when they DJ they go back to the roots and mug all the commercial chart stuff they produce off, up to the promoter/vibe of the night but this doesn't surprise me at all they still got sick dj sets in them when they wanna do it.
Think they smashed it last year at fabric 20 years of ram but hazy memory of that one... serious when u see them on the line up at at a proper dnb rave get in there cos they smash it up.

DnB newbie... there's no recommendations i can give u mate, well there is but that's just my personal opinion, U just gotta hunt down what your feeling and make your own way, there's so much quality dnb about u just gotta start listening to the sets and shows etc and find your way that's the beauty of it there is a beat or rift style for everyone just find a free space and start digging its worth it.

Last edited:
DnB newbie... there's no recommendations i can give u mate, well there is but that's just my personal opinion, U just gotta hunt down what your feeling and make your own way, there's so much quality dnb about u just gotta start listening to the sets and shows etc and find your way that's the beauty of it there is a beat or rift style for everyone just find a free space and start digging its worth it.

This basically. The genre's so broad with lots of different aspects. Finding your own style is what makes it really exciting!

Back
Top Bottom