New stuff up!

Mm in both songs I feel the bass is a little overdone. Listen to Flux Pavillion for a sec when u master. He has the same type of long, heavy bass with a lot of sub, but it's eq'ed in such a way that the rest is still clearly audible. That's really important for the feeling of the song ;)

Apart from that I like the tracks :) simple chords, but effective!

the first tune is big mate! mix technique might be the only thing holding it back? (maybe) its probably mostly the downgraded SC quality but top end of the drums seems to need brightening a little. you tried a compressor on your master drum bus or anything like that?

EQing that moving bass is a bit of a bitch right - because a lot of the movement comes from the 100hz-200hz area? which clashes with you kicksnare. you lose the impact if you dip those areas...which is ghey. so i thnk the answer may lie in the levels and compression and all those fancy gizmos.

Last edited:
Both sound fairly average, agree with other guys comments (more top end on hats, bass sounds a bit off but should be able to fix it)

Dubstep one sounds well but a bit cluttered (the drums sound a bit masked by the synths)

Overall good production but I think you can take it further with some more variation. Sounds a bit generic to me but if that's what your going for its all good.

Back
Top Bottom