NEW MIX RECORDED...

OK - just finished.. Loved it mate! few wobbles in a few mixes but dealt with quickly and with minimum fuss, but argualbly more importantly your tunes mate.. Wicked seleco!! Slightly dark, really atmospheric and general good vibes man, my kind of DnB! Props - anyone who is trying to decide what mix to DL to listen at work or whatever should peep this - you can do a lot worse!!

also, I passed the link onto a mate who mixes a similar style to you and got the following feedback..

'Not even listened to it, and I can tell it’s going to be gooooood.! I’ve got over half those tunes, and they are banging!'

OK - just finished.. Loved it mate! few wobbles in a few mixes but dealt with quickly and with minimum fuss, but argualbly more importantly your tunes mate.. Wicked seleco!! Slightly dark, really atmospheric and general good vibes man, my kind of DnB! Props - anyone who is trying to decide what mix to DL to listen at work or whatever should peep this - you can do a lot worse!!

also, I passed the link onto a mate who mixes a similar style to you and got the following feedback..

'Not even listened to it, and I can tell it’s going to be gooooood.! I’ve got over half those tunes, and they are banging!'

Hey Turt,

Cheers for the feedback mate i appreciate it. Glad you liked the moajority of it mate. The little slips here and there really piss me off but i only been mixing for around 6 or so months so getting better! :)

I will check some of your mixes too mate looks asthough u got alot of different styles... can you post me some links to some good ones.. dnb preferably!

cheers man thanks for checking.

Hey Turt,

Cheers for the feedback mate i appreciate it. Glad you liked the moajority of it mate. The little slips here and there really piss me off but i only been mixing for around 6 or so months so getting better! :)

I will check some of your mixes too mate looks asthough u got alot of different styles... can you post me some links to some good ones.. dnb preferably!

cheers man thanks for checking.

No problem man, the slip are soooooo minor, but as a DJ you obviously strive to be perfect!

I have only got 2 mixes online ATM, both non DnB - but trust there is one coming, as soon as I have upgraded my mac, trust! start two new residencies in a week so I need to hit the lab sharpish!!

anyway there is funk mission -

http://www.mediafire.com/?gibmzyvyw20

Funk Mission

Marc Hype & Jim Dunloop – Wah Wah Wah
Houston Brownwater – Moccasin
Aldo Vannucci – Blue Grassed Devil
Streamer – Vague Ass
Aldo Vannucci – Walk Like a Man
A-Skillz – Jungle Banger
DJ Twister – Cop That Funky Shit
Natural Self ft. Alice Russell – I Don’t Need This Trouble
QDup Foundation – Cosmic Soul
Rebtuz – Work it Out
DJ Twister – I Want UR Message
Boca 45 – La Bombanera
BadBoe & Prosper – 2 Hot 2 Handle
Rebtuz – Grown Roads
The Bamboos – Step it Up

which has better scratching - but you may not know any of the tunes

or

FTW pt II - more hip hop, and a more recognisable TL.. any FB appreciated, but I will knock out a DnB soon - it's coming!

http://www.mediafire.com/?eednwjxjjtt - M4A

http://www.mediafire.com/?zyomoauweeo - MP3

FTW pt II - Mixed by Turt

1. Nenah Cherry - Buffalo Stance
2. Plan B - No Good
3. A-Skillz - Money Banger
4. DJ Twister - Fu Gee La Twist
5. Wu-Tang Clan - Protect Ya Neck pt II
6. Ludacriss - Stand Up
7. Rebtuz - Pushin' Ronson
8. QDup Foundation - Cosmic Soul
9. NORE - Nothin'
10. Skinnyman - Fuck the Hook
11. Beastie Boys - Time to get Ill
12. Skibbadee - Tika Tok
13. A-Skillz - Yap that Fool
14. House of Pain - Jump Around
15. BadBoe & Prosper - Too hot to Handle

PS - sorry to spam up your thread with my TL's ;)

Yo Turts...s'up kid?

sly-stone-3.jpg

Mr hyperd4eva love your name! On that basis alone I'll check your mix out tonight...

I feel kinda sad 'coz this year was the first carnival where he never got a mention but I guess times change...

Yo Turts...s'up kid?

sly-stone-3.jpg

Mr hyperd4eva love your name! On that basis alone I'll check your mix out tonight...

I feel kinda sad 'coz this year was the first carnival where he never got a mention but I guess times change...

cheers mate let me know what you think :) i know man i still cant help but buzz to hyper d. he was fuckin sick, gutted i never got to see him live man. i genuinly dont think any artist could touch him MC wise.

I'll have a go on this, as much as I fully hate Disco Dodo. :D

haha thanks mate. if you could tell me what u honestly think that would be good. cause your feedback would help! i only drop it in for a short while! it compliments that tune well! safe matty

pingle dingle doo, i listened to this too...

i'm impressed by how quickly you've picked it up. i wish i got to this level this quick when i started out.
i really liked it man and with regards to feedback...
beat matching, you've got the hang of it! needs a lil cleaning up but you'll get there soon enough, generally pretty fucking good i thought. i take it ur using vinyl? good man!
the mixes are cool, you've used a few different styles throughout which is good, most people mixes feel like templates but with different tracks loaded.
some crossfading tricks and some effects i heard in there too. not bad man, not bad at all. i thought the flanger use on space time was a lil extreme, but turned down slightly it would have been spot on.
let us know when u record another one!

pingle dingle doo, i listened to this too...

i'm impressed by how quickly you've picked it up. i wish i got to this level this quick when i started out.
i really liked it man and with regards to feedback...
beat matching, you've got the hang of it! needs a lil cleaning up but you'll get there soon enough, generally pretty fucking good i thought. i take it ur using vinyl? good man!
the mixes are cool, you've used a few different styles throughout which is good, most people mixes feel like templates but with different tracks loaded.
some crossfading tricks and some effects i heard in there too. not bad man, not bad at all. i thought the flanger use on space time was a lil extreme, but turned down slightly it would have been spot on.
let us know when u record another one!

Cheers mate. glad you enjoyed it. Yeah i started using vestax for a while then bought some 1210s. see what u mean about the flanger at the end was just pissing about at that point to be honest! Still listen back and get pissed off with alot of parts in this mix though, think its because you just want it to be flawless. :D

Sup, gave this a listen today man so thought id give some feedback!

First off the beatmatching is good, couple of little slip ups here and there but seems like you know which turntable to adjust now so its all good! Tune selection was wicked, The only one that seemed slightly out of place was True Romance, not sure why just dont really think it was on the same vibe as the rest of the mix. Think you just need to work on your EQing a little bit some tracks came in a bit sudden, like Facade VIP. Just try and make it a smoother gradual transition.

Really liked,

CYBIN - SECOND BASS
FRESH - HEAVYWEIGHT

I apologize as well, Disco Dodo does work well with Is There Anybody Out There! Wasnt sure about the switch to Space Time, but I think you just about made it work!
The only other things I can say have been covered like the effects etc, just went a tiny bit overboard. Less is more IMO!
Sorry if I sound like a cunt here, hope some of this is vaguely usefull. Keep at it tho man!
:bone:

Sup, gave this a listen today man so thought id give some feedback!

First off the beatmatching is good, couple of little slip ups here and there but seems like you know which turntable to adjust now so its all good! Tune selection was wicked, The only one that seemed slightly out of place was True Romance, not sure why just dont really think it was on the same vibe as the rest of the mix. Think you just need to work on your EQing a little bit some tracks came in a bit sudden, like Facade VIP. Just try and make it a smoother gradual transition.

Really liked,

CYBIN - SECOND BASS
FRESH - HEAVYWEIGHT

I apologize as well, Disco Dodo does work well with Is There Anybody Out There! Wasnt sure about the switch to Space Time, but I think you just about made it work!
The only other things I can say have been covered like the effects etc, just went a tiny bit overboard. Less is more IMO!
Sorry if I sound like a cunt here, hope some of this is vaguely usefull. Keep at it tho man!
:bone:

Cheers Bro, nah dont be silly mate im glad your honest in you feedback. Thanks for listening mate! its good to get criticism as i can then know what to build on as i still am quite an amature ;) I hope my next mix shows the improvements needed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom