Mutiny @ Motion, Bristol

Wasnt feeling the venue at all this weekend, shame cos the next Mutiny line up is large

10377376_684845508237990_4634120549467217281_n.jpg

Mutiny are doing a stage at Tokyo Dub this year too.

Newbie here, this is going to be my first Drum and Bass night. I would have gone for one of the In:Motion nights but I've got time of from work on the 22nd so just went for it.

From what I've heard it's going to be a bit of a baptism of fire, but it's time I grew up and got away from the shit student clubs that I've wasted too much time in already.

So how do these events work, is it one DJ mixing the line up or are we getting each act live?

Go easy on me, like I said I'm just getting into D&B.

Cheers

Each artist(s) will be there doing a set. They will play tracks of their own, and of other producers. There will be set times posted online and somewhere at the event. This is highly likely but sometimes it doesn't happen. Deal with it.

When everybody shouts and cheers, shout and cheer with them. The occasional classic will get dropped. Everyone will go mental. You won't know the classics but just follow what other people do. This includes not leaving enough room for your neighbour to nod their shoulders, buying knock off brown mandy from some young, way too happy twat in skinnies and a yellow bomber jacket, shouting the same request at the DJ for his entire set, and telling the MC when you see him outside "I don't normally like MCs...but". Be sure to visit the merch stand first thing and but a T-shirt to wear over your current T-shirt. Make sure your New Balance trainers are looking pristine.

Fuck it. I've kinda lost the tone I was going for here. Just go along, get fucked up (if that's your thing) and have a great time.

Sounds great, found that recently I've been heading straight to the front of the crowd in clubs to just enjoy the music.

It's about time I went someone decent and just let go.

Thanks for the advice.

Sounds great, found that recently I've been heading straight to the front of the crowd in clubs to just enjoy the music.

It's about time I went someone decent and just let go.

Thanks for the advice.

He's just playing with you, just enjoy it man, don't go too hard on anything you plan to do. My first rave was a madness, loudest sound system I'd ever heard at the time, I was just stood there like what's going on? Is that the dj and mc I know from that tape pack, on stage?!

The biggest sign I need to find a new place was that I recently lent my head against a wall in Bunker (student dive on the Triangle, avoid) not realising it was the sound system I had my ear against.

Can't wait for January, can't come soon enough!

I've got a Hospital Records snapback I've got for Hospitality in March.

Is it going to go down like a lead balloon if I rock up to Mutiny in it or will people be okay with it?

I've got a Hospital Records snapback I've got for Hospitality in March.

Is it going to go down like a lead balloon if I rock up to Mutiny in it or will people be okay with it?

In what context? There will possibly be people who dislike Hospital for whatever reason at it? or your wearing hospital merch at a non hospital gig? If the latter S.P.Y is there. Not that it matters anyway, wear what you want :).

It's in Bristol. It's full of high-fringed, tote bag using, poncho wearing, nike air, snapback, skinny jean pricks. Wear what you like, I'll be too busy laughing at everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom