Drum & Bass MNTY - "Aliens Exist" [Very 'Pendulum'-y]

mnty

Hey guys,

So just a quick introduction cus this is my first post here.

I'm Sean, or MNTY (synonym for my surname - I'm sure you can work it out)

Been making beats for a while now but not having any success with promoting them, mainly as I have no idea how to, so thought I'd bang a few up on here and try and get some feedback/advice.

The one I am linking here is my most recent tune and I'd love to know what you all think.

When I say it's very Pendulum sounding, I mean by the drums as the kick and snare was purposely designed to sound like their's from "Showdown'

Heres a link to Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/mnty/aliens-exist

You can also download an mp3 straight from Soundcloud if you wish.

Thanks for your time! :)

Bro, these Drums are freaking awesome! Nice rolling, fills, transitions - Pure. But one thing what I could change a bit. The Lead Synth Melody. Try to play with EQ to avoid this sqeezy freguency on it. Or it can be only thing of taste. :)
It's amazing work! Keep it up, I love this "Pendulum" style.

Radass

mnty

Thanks Radass and Silent Impact.

What would you recommend for the lead synth? I think my ears are so used to the sound now that whatever I do won't improve it.

Also, will give both you guys tracks a listen once it's a more suitable time of day :)

mnty

Well I fixed up that lead synth with a simple eq fix. Can't believe how much of a difference it made! Sounds literally 100x better. Thanks for pointing it out guys :)