Melodic dubstep bass?

alaska

So, I'm working on a new track. I guess you can say it's for lack of better words 'melodic dubstep.' The thing is I don't have any idea how to go about the bassline apart from the sub as there are no tutorials whatsoever on the topic. Any ideas?

Last edited:
This is a very vague question. You'll get a better response if you outline clearly what you are after, and maybe post some examples of what you are trying to achieve

You mean you want a bassline that plays along a melody? Uhmmm maybe make the melody and connect it to the bass patch, voila melodic dubstep?

Search:
Type: Forum Threads; User:*alaska

What's the best type of reverb for big long crashes?

Started by*alaska,*1 Day Ago

*Melodic dubstep bass?

Started by*alaska,*2 Hours Ago

*How can I make kicks and snares this punchy?

Started by*alaska,*3 Days Ago

Need help writing counter melodies...

Started by*alaska,*6 Days Ago

What chord progression is this?

Started by*alaska,*1 Week Ago

How can I achieve a bass sound like this in Massive?

Started by*alaska,*26-09-2012

One of the biggest parts of production is learning how to do things yourself, and simply just palying around with ideas of your own. it helps to develop your own sound I guess.

in my opinion, a melodic dubstep bass is pretty much just a sub. maybe put a lowpassed reese on it (really lowpassed) so its got a smoother feel to it. Most of the movement in a melodic dubstep trakc (i assume you mean artists such as phaelah) comes from the melody of keys, strings, synths and percussion

in my opinion, a melodic dubstep bass is pretty much just a sub. maybe put a lowpassed reese on it (really lowpassed) so its got a smoother feel to it. Most of the movement in a melodic dubstep trakc (i assume you mean artists such as phaelah) comes from the melody of keys, strings, synths and percussion

Not really. Phaeleh is great but I'm referring to artists such as Blackmill, MitiS, etc. I know the genre is more focused around keys, strings, synths, etc, but the bass is still very important. Will try out the reese suggestion. Thanks.

lol i no i was being a cunt cos its not the whole brostep fuck i hate brostep and its pooring over into dnb now :/

yeah but a layered subbass, usually the same melodic pattern or a simplified version... i know some of shufunks subbass is literally a flat 4 bar subbass midi under all his other crazy shit

lol i no i was being a cunt cos its not the whole brostep fuck i hate brostep and its pooring over into dnb now :/

yeah but a layered subbass, usually the same melodic pattern or a simplified version... i know some of shufunks subbass is literally a flat 4 bar subbass midi under all his other crazy shit

It's cool mate I understand... Although I must admit this fuckin wicked.

Last edited by a moderator:
if it says skrillex i wont even listen anymore.... although the one he got right was

a beautiful song so much emotional none of this random high pitched bullshit... as someone said on this forum skrillex is the only person who can achieved sounds above 20k hz

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom