Mastering

yeah the MK2's are active

two amps in each speaker.... one for the high, one for the low!!!!

heres some shit you didnt know about the mk2s, there is a design flaw in them, the power supply is too close to the amps and the functionality will become intermittent after a certain amout of hours of usage.
you have to contact alesis when this happens and they send you a new wossname which you have to doctor yourself.
granted i left my monitors on for that month i was in the carribean, think that might have added some wear and tear to my loved ones.

also, this info is from the school of what some guy down the pub told me, i havent researched it very much, or should i say at all

If you go to youtube, chase and status and sub focus have some mastering lessons for synths and drums.

Helped me out on a few things (y)

think im gonna get these then until i can afford sumin a little bit better.

Last edited by a moderator:
PRODUCT REVIEW FROM HTFR
Behringer's monitor 1c is a compact high-performance 2-way loudspeaker system that is ideally suited for audio / video multimedia applications, home recording studios and surround-sound systems. It has a powerful 5 ½" woofer with an extremely light-weight cellulose cone, a high-resolution ½" tweeter plus a phase-optimized high-precision crossover for absolute phase linearity. The result: an ultra-linear frequency response ranging from 60 hz all the way up to 23 khz. Thanks to the 1c's high power handling capability (100 watts / iec268-5) with auto overload protection that prevents tweeter damage and resets automatically, you get full-range output with extremely low distortion.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
  • Home or studio use
  • 60 watts rms per speaker
  • 86db maximum spl
  • Frequency response: 60 - 23,000hz
  • 2 way
  • 5.5" woofer
  • 0.5" tweeter
  • Push in clip terminals
  • 4 ohms
  • Black finish

That HTFR info doesn't say whether they are active or not.

Active speakers have a built in amplifier (s). Like computer speakers. You plug them into the sound source and the mains.

Non-active speakers need a separate amplifier. Non-active are basically speakers cones in a box. They are generally more expensive because they're more professional.

Make sure you buy active speakers - that is all you can afford on your budget.

Back
Top Bottom