Manu Forti - Liffy

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by ManuForti, Jul 24, 2016.

1. ManuForti

ManuForti Detached Audio

Ok so i dont usually chop breaks n stuff but i thought id try it here since i had little time to make this one (3hours on cans at work)

Load of samples infact just thrown in but trying to go down the drumfunk route right now... I know the drums need a lot more work but is this ok to listen to for first attempt?

maschinistom likes this.
  2. maschinistom

maschinistom Active Member

Hi manuforti, nice draft of a track. 3h well spend I think :) I can see you had some fun throwing samples into the air and rearranging them. I like the slurping rhythm and the synths sound pretty sweet, too. Not a big fan of that bass sound though but it's personal taste. Maybe some vocal hooks or a dreamy ambient melody on top would complete this tune? What's that effect u are using at ~1:50?

ManuForti likes this.
  3. ManuForti

ManuForti Detached Audio

Cheers for checking this one man... Its a bit of a mess tbh that bass sound would work if i could EQ it well enough, it is the Blofeld though so were talking analog here ;)

Its a simple pitch envelope on the ravey sample. I use ableton really easy to do in that. What you using?

maschinistom likes this.
  4. maschinistom

maschinistom Active Member

thanks for the effect hint, manuforti. good on you using ableton, all i hear it's one of the best platforms to create (dnb) music on. i'm on maschine and komplete kontrol ultimate 10 plus a ton of synth and effect/mixing/mastering plugins. i know, not the most exciting stuff, but enough for me. i sometimes have access to some japanese analogue vintage synths at my daughter's elementary here in tokyo, really cool stuff :D it's amazing, they have so many synths sitting there just catching dust, no-one is ever using them. and they wonder about the "long-nose" guy who walks in sometimes recording these dusty machines :)

5. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

This one time at band camp.