Manu Forti - Liffy

Manu Forti

Detached Audio
VIP Junglist
Ok so i dont usually chop breaks n stuff but i thought id try it here since i had little time to make this one (3hours on cans at work)

Load of samples infact just thrown in but trying to go down the drumfunk route right now... I know the drums need a lot more work but is this ok to listen to for first attempt?

Hi manuforti, nice draft of a track. 3h well spend I think :) I can see you had some fun throwing samples into the air and rearranging them. I like the slurping rhythm and the synths sound pretty sweet, too. Not a big fan of that bass sound though but it's personal taste. Maybe some vocal hooks or a dreamy ambient melody on top would complete this tune? What's that effect u are using at ~1:50?

Cheers for checking this one man... Its a bit of a mess tbh that bass sound would work if i could EQ it well enough, it is the Blofeld though so were talking analog here ;)

Its a simple pitch envelope on the ravey sample. I use ableton really easy to do in that. What you using?

Cheers for checking this one man... Its a bit of a mess tbh that bass sound would work if i could EQ it well enough, it is the Blofeld though so were talking analog here ;) Its a simple pitch envelope on the ravey sample. I use ableton really easy to do in that. What you using?

thanks for the effect hint, manuforti. good on you using ableton, all i hear it's one of the best platforms to create (dnb) music on. i'm on maschine and komplete kontrol ultimate 10 plus a ton of synth and effect/mixing/mastering plugins. i know, not the most exciting stuff, but enough for me. i sometimes have access to some japanese analogue vintage synths at my daughter's elementary here in tokyo, really cool stuff :D it's amazing, they have so many synths sitting there just catching dust, no-one is ever using them. and they wonder about the "long-nose" guy who walks in sometimes recording these dusty machines :)

Back
Top Bottom