making your tracks louder help!!

Rightey then... of the suggestions on here that use logic plugins the best result iv had is by (in order)
multipressor - to boost and compress kicks etc...
gentle compression to smooth out some of the peaks..
then adaptive limiter to bring things up.. not sure why but i found this worked better than the limiter and i THINK this is because its got a further lookahead and as alot of the power behind the sort of hip hop i wanna make is from varyin dynamics this is a good thing...
gna get hold of ozone etc now and giv that go...

reckon this thread mit b worth a sticky personally...

Rightey then... of the suggestions on here that use logic plugins the best result iv had is by (in order)
multipressor - to boost and compress kicks etc...
gentle compression to smooth out some of the peaks..
then adaptive limiter to bring things up.. not sure why but i found this worked better than the limiter and i THINK this is because its got a further lookahead and as alot of the power behind the sort of hip hop i wanna make is from varyin dynamics this is a good thing...
gna get hold of ozone etc now and giv that go...

reckon this thread mit b worth a sticky personally...

Ozone will do everything you need with one preset mate. honestly...

then you turn the recording volume down. if its in the red you have to turn it down or get nasty digital clipping.

dunno if im missin the point here but even if u were to put it thru an amp turn it up and rerecord into logic with the recordin level down would it not clip at the exact same volume when u turn it up after rerecordin???

Nice one guys bare different techniques to try iuot... ima giv all of these a go over the next week or so see wot works best will leave a some comments on this thread to see wot i got out of each technique... cheers peeps!

---------- Post added at 13:54 ---------- Previous post was at 13:00 ----------

Have given this a go... compressed the master and usin the limiter got it peakin at just under zero.. havnt pushed it too much with the limiter to avoid too much squashin of the sound... managed to get a fair bit of volume boost without affectin the sound too much but despite it peakin at around zero and the sound bein more compressed it still sounds about half as loud as tunes of similar styles on my itunes... gna try a few other suggestions and hit back...

need to get the mixdown sorted first, re-level everything ,drop all your channels down to zero, bring up the kick and get it big and tight with the bass, then bring everything else in slowly until it all sounds right....then you are ready to compress and limit the master output

forget about ozone and all those other plugins imo, first you have to get the mix down right, you are only going to confuse the problems and possibly make the worse if you use complicated FX like Ozone ;)

hmmmm that sounds like a plan.... however would it not be the case that by playing it through a preamp and recording it back into logic that the increased level would make the logic file clip??

when the song comes out of your soundcard it goes through the D/A converter, and then through your analouge preamp, you'd need one witha gain make up and an variable output control (a volume knob) when you record the file through your soundcard it converts again through you're A/D converter and as the computer thinks it's recording an analouge signal won't clip, best to record back to soundforge or wavelab or somthing similar , not back into logic, or alternatively straight to a cdr machine or dat machine, you will be able to get a few extra dB,

Last edited:
dunno if im missin the point here but even if u were to put it thru an amp turn it up and rerecord into logic with the recordin level down would it not clip at the exact same volume when u turn it up after rerecordin???

good question and no it wont, this is the awesomeness of working with outboard gear, such as an amp. give it a try, im sure you have one in the house. its not as crazy as it may seem

Back
Top Bottom