Mac vs. PC

why would you want to game on a mac?

I bought a laptop and a macbook exactly the same time 2 years ago.
the mac still runs very fast, the laptop died after 1 year and now dusnt turn on.

I will never use a windows pc again.
mac ftw

I wouldn't... I don't. I said gaming on a Mac is an oxymoron.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/oxymoron
(fyi) ^

Either way, one can build a fast machine.... but for the simple fact that almost all of my free VSTIs and VSTs aren't supported on Mac is the reason I'll stay PC for life (not to mention Gaming on a computer is 99% PC territory and always will be).

@ DanDnB
i have a 13" macbook pro (lowest model) and it runs logic more than fine.

@Protoplasym
OS X is a little more rigid than windows...that aside, somebody has to write a mac virus before you can be infected.

I've read about malicious software being written for Mac, so ???. It doesn't happen on the same scale as for PC but hey, imo: it's only a matter of time.

But for music production, my girlfriends Mac is just seamless as hell. I can plug in all my shit, it recognizes everything and lights flicker on which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

I know how to use a computer, I can 'setup' my shit on a PC. But when i come home i like to not have to deal with computers since i deal with them at work. A mac is sorta a real relaxed computer, sorta like the computer smoked a lotta weed.

Whereas a PC is like a meth addict, really fidgity. I dunno...

I've had the same ease of use with my PC since '04.
:clown:

Can a macbook pro handle audio production?

Running pro-tools + reason and auxiliary stuff like spectrum analyzers?

I might get a dekstop but i think laptops are convenient, im just worried they arent powerful enough.

any mac in any shape or form will be able to comfortably run and production suite without blinking an eyelid.

I've read about malicious software being written for Mac, so ???. It doesn't happen on the same scale as for PC but hey, imo: it's only a matter of time.

Yea Mac's wont be 100% safe against viruses, but anything that run from .exe files wont run on a mac as they dont use them. Best bet is keep it off the net, then you've got minimal chance anyway.

one of the main reasons mac are 'better' is because of better hardware to begin with... a well kitted out PC should do the trick fine!

Like which DAW you use, it's down to personal preference!

Personally i think apple are up there own arse (and most of there customers too), and it pisses me off that everything they make only properly works with other stuff they make! they are often a gay fashion accesory, and since apple have gotten massivly popular, the quality of there products (talking manufacturing here ) has gone down.

just my 2 cents!

I use a PC for production. Hasn't crashed a single time and I don't have to pay double for my hardware. Not a fan of starbucks either.

i'm talking desktops mind... i wouldn't own a pc based or mac laptop! the soundcards don't have enough ports and outputs!

and anyone who says macs are cheaper or pc hardware more expensive is chattin pure breeze!

Theres always going to be this argument, PC users will always want PC's, and mac users will always argue.

What it comes down to is what you like using, dont get a mac because "so and so's got one", get whatever you like working on. A good tune is a good tune, whether its been made on an 8core Mac running Logic or in Fruity Loops on an old laptop held together with selotape.

Exactly I quite fancy getting a mac cos the look nice and by all accounts are quite easy to use. That doesnt mean i think it will turn me into a world class producer over night. Tools don't equal talent! If you have enough passion and conmittment anyone will get there eventually. I remember listeing to high contrast on the hospital podcast recently and I think he produced return of forever on an old laptop with hifi speakers.

Back
Top Bottom