Mac vs. PC

DanDnB

Bass and Drums
Hey guys,

I am going to be buying a new computer that will see 60% of its time producing music. I will be doing other stuff, probably games, internet etc... but mostly pro tools and reason.

I was looking at the new iMac 24" with 2.66 ghz and 4 gigs ram for about 1500.

I have been a PC user for a long time, but i really am getting tired of PC behavior lately.

Help me out here. :rinsed:

For production Mac, I've been down both routes and personaly I think windows is more trouble than its worth. But for games, the mac would fall short.

if ur really bothered about games then u can install windows onto your mac, and still have the benefits of the mac system, just make sure u get a big enough hardrive!
I run it on mine and have no problems

I seriously could care less if people think "I'm a douche" beacause I own a mac. That's like saying you're cool because you own a BMW. High school mentality.

I need a computer that can speed up my production process, and right now, I use a PC at home. When I use my girlfriends mac, it speeds up my music creation process by 25%.

The PC has its advantages in other areas, but we aren't talking about other areas, we're talking about producing music.

I tried searching this forum for people's prefences on mac's vs. PC's, not a whole lot.

Searching the internet is useless because not everyone on the internet produces music with their computer, let alone DnB.

Which is why I am asking you guys.

Thanks!

u get 20 percent off macs if your a student :)

I guess it's a good thing i kept my student ID!!!

Muahahaha....

But yea, i might just get a mac because like motion audio was saying, production is my main concern right now!

Now which one to get?

Do I really need 2.93 ghz..? hmm decisions...

I guess it's a good thing i kept my student ID!!!

Muahahaha....

But yea, i might just get a mac because like motion audio was saying, production is my main concern right now!

Now which one to get?

Do I really need 2.93 ghz..? hmm decisions...

Im afraid your gonna find that your student ID isn't enough.
You only qualify for the student discount if you buy online not in a store and it knows if your on a student network or not.

In what way are Macs better than PCs? Like what issues do they solve?

afaik mainly latency issues and thats more a prob if u work with acoustic instruments, some claiming to be mac more stable, but thats not the prob if u set up windows correct. Of course people paying more for something mostly claiming better per se than other, just human nature.

I think i read a few days ago, that pro tools is more concentrating on windows now, because apple isnt to cooperative cause of thier own DAW logic.

Also i dont the like the apple notebook hardware setting too much, but ur looking for a desktop. I would invest it in a notebook with wsxga+ or wuxga screen

id say mac are better but i dont like change so im stickin pc for now!lol

Im afraid your gonna find that your student ID isn't enough.
You only qualify for the student discount if you buy online not in a store and it knows if your on a student network or not.

um not really
you can buy in store
my mate did it. all you need is id...:clown:

Back
Top Bottom