LSB scored on his debut: 'Content’

InReach

LSB.jpg

Christmas is fast approaching, and if you are hoping for a 12 inch square present that isn’t a box of Celebrations, then the debut album ‘Content’ from LSB on Vinyl could be the one for you. Essex born Luke (LSB) has made a firm mark in the DnB world with his rolling liquid style and beautifully crafted production; with his first release back in 2009 and an expanding repertoire of tracks, this has been one album I’ve been truly excited for. I wasn’t disappointed. ‘Content’ is an 11 track masterpiece of pure liquid perfection, a roller coaster of emotions without leaving your seat. LSB has said his Production style aims to enhance the sound of the tracks when listening through headphones; I listened on my way to work this morning and got so involved that I looked up and realised I had missed my train; Worth it. Buy the album, see for yourself and do not listen while operating heavy machinery.

With the eagerly anticipated release this Friday I caught up with the man himself, to discuss this absolute beauty of an album. The name of the album ‘Content’ is a double entrendre, perhaps you were just very content with the content? Where and when did the name come from, before or after the completion?

I had the name pretty early on actually. I like the fact it’s a double entrendre, a bit of ambiguity around music really appeals to me. I think people should be free to interpret music as they see fit. To me though, it’s Content, as in “the things that are held or included in something” It’s actually a bit ironic in that sense, i felt that in the digital age music has become less art and more content be it for websites, events, tv shows etc etc. Early on i’d decided it was going to be all DnB and all what i’d associate with traditional DnB, i.e. 6 minute plus tracks, varied arrangements and progressions that try and reward patient listeners.

In the press release for the album you promised a pure DnB album without ‘any weak attempts to cross over, no token house or techno tracks to try and appeal to a broader audience’ with this in mind do you feel a producer’s integrity can be weakened when experimenting across genres?

Back
Top Bottom