Loops and presets production competition?

smoothassilk

VIP Junglist
Yeah, I thought it might be fun for some people to make some tunes using just loops made by other people and presets.

No sound design, no FX and no knob twiddling at all: ;) - just straight out the box stuff. Bonus points for using free loops.

EQ and compression allowed for mixing.

Anyone up for it?

No sound design, no FX and no knob twiddling at all: ;) - just straight out the box stuff.
I just could not do this.
I mean, i have a lot of fun chopping and rearranging, but no FX is like baking without dough for me. With FX i can make everything so much betterer....

I'm a no atm, unless you can come up with an amazing mind blowing prize that would rock my jocks

I think the point was more to cheat and make stuff off the backs of real producers, using construction kits 'n stuff.

Yeah I'm with Mania on this, that's a really poor idea for a competition. There's no creativity involved, and most importantly, it doesn't sound fun at all!

Ok, maybe we should do that then.
I just saw the prolix sample pack the other day and thought it would be a waste not to use those loops: but anyone who actually used them would get flamed to death for cheating...
There must be some other pretty epic samples just sitting on people's libraries not being used.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom