Little help finding sample source?

M_Vitzh

Hello everyone,
this is my first post and I hope I both found the right forum and didn't miss some similar thread... :/
I the last few weeks I was searching a lot for piano samples with a similar feel to those used in these tracks:

It is not that I want to copy them, it is just that I love the playful and chilling sound of the piano bits, does any of you guys possibly recognize some of these samples or knows maybe some jazz tunes or bands with a similar piano style?
Already thanks for any answers, and please don't mind my weird English. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
May I give my 2 cents here? Why don't you use a plugin that emulates a piano, and start doing your own lines? Use the samples you like as a base, and try to achieve something like that.

just have a listen to some jazz, see what you find.

and if you don't find anything, at least you listened some jazz...jazz is cool.

I struggle with the same problem. I found a nice samplepack with 3,5 GB sampled from vinyl by some guy (don't know the source anymore :( ) as well as the blu mar ten free samplepacks.

But I think I really have to start listening to jazz...

May I give my 2 cents here? Why don't you use a plugin that emulates a piano, and start doing your own lines? Use the samples you like as a base, and try to achieve something like that.

I tried that but you couldn't get the same kind of "groove" I wanted to create.

Last edited:
Go to the musicradar website and search for their samples section. There is suppose to be a free sample pack on city sounds and these sort of pianos are included as well. I think that they have other samples packs that would be piano only as well.
http://www.musicradar.com

DarkYsidro: Yes, that would be my second standleg. But to agree with staticnoise, the feel would be hard to recreate and I'm never really happy with the quality of my plugin. :-/ But most importantly I just find sampling really inspiring..
armed: Yes, I think this is what I will do. :)
Menosance: Thanks, I going to to check them out.

Thanks for your responses. :)

Back
Top Bottom