Drum & Bass LEGALISED - OUT OF MY HEAD (ToxiColora Remix)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by ToxiColora, Oct 26, 2012.

1. ToxiColora

ToxiColora New Member

This is my entry to a remix contest.Any feedback will be apreciated :D

2. marcelkennard

marcelkennard Storms comin in Annie

There is quite a lot of info I could give you on improving this track but the best advice I could give to you is don't get hung up on this track and try to produce something else which improves upon what you already know. Listen carefully to your favourite tracks while you compose and you will understand what the most important elements that make up a great track are.

3. ToxiColora

ToxiColora New Member

4. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

I would say the first thing you want to look at in your next track is your snare. Play with compression and samples until you get the correct ones. Also don't just layer snares together. To illustrate, say you have one snare that is the main crack of the snare. You also have another snare that is a clap. Pull back your start time on the clap so all you hear is the tail end of the clap. You will get a crisper sounding snare by doing this one little step.

The song you made was full of life. A little chaotic at times but I can hear what your trying to do with it. Good job and keep at.

5. pattycake

pattycake Member

Sounds pretty good, too much high end bass for me, drums need more punch, like where the breakdown is going but keep working at it!

6. ToxiColora

ToxiColora New Member

Thanks, I was worried bout the high passed bass too but the sample I was working with was high passed...

7. Skuff

Skuff Well-Known Member

Top advice there