Leaving mistakes in recorded mixes

Polymer

So i've seen 3 schools of thought on this:
1. Record your mix live and leave the mistakes in (if there are any mistakes)
2. Record, fuck up maybe, stop the recording, start again from the last track and then patch together later in a DAW.
3. Do the whole mix using automation in a DAW.

Thoughts?

The reason i ask is I made 2 or 3 mistakes in a mix recently and now don't know whether to post it or do the whole thing again.

Last edited:
post it, if your looking at getting sets you want to portray what your mixing is actually like rather than some perfect mix that you have made then you turn up so the venue trainwrecking mr happy >>> killlers don't die

post it, if your looking at getting sets you want to portray what your mixing is actually like rather than some perfect mix that you have made then you turn up so the venue trainwrecking mr happy >>> killlers don't die

Do I post here for feedback or in "Members Mixes"?

If you're guna edit mixes or do one solely in a DAW then at least make sure the mix matches what you're actually capable of, not some mad 4 deck shit that's just not you.

If you're guna edit mixes or do one solely in a DAW then at least make sure the mix matches what you're actually capable of, not some mad 4 deck shit that's just not you.

Yeah I agree, I've decided to leave the mistakes in and record a lot more of my practice runs :2thumbs: cheers for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom