DnB KAYA - The Truth (Ft Sian Punnett)

hello KAYA. what a nice tune. i love the intro. throughout the song everything sounds in place to my ears. only when the vocals start after the intro i felt something is not matching (but don't know exactly what it is). hey, if this track is already released i;m not sure if this is the right forum place here .. pls check. cheers and big up! (y)

hello KAYA. what a nice tune. i love the intro. throughout the song everything sounds in place to my ears. only when the vocals start after the intro i felt something is not matching (but don't know exactly what it is). hey, if this track is already released i;m not sure if this is the right forum place here .. pls check. cheers and big up! (y)

Hey man appreciate the listen! It's not properly released as such just up for free download :). Your constructive criticism is taking on board.

Thank you for your kind words and feedback!

KAYA

Really like this, instruments are nicely spaced and the vocals are perfect. I'm hopeful you've got some more stuff in the works?

Hi! Great tune, nice composition, interesting to follow.
I feel that something is wrong with the vocals after the girl says «The truth has ...» at 1:33 and 2:34.
Thanks for sharing, keep it up!

hey man, really nice tune but i feel the vocals are so prominent, and the mix is making the drums sound really weak on my headphones. would prefer them to be cutting through the mix a bit more so i could really get my head nod on

That guitar, rahhhh! Gave me shivers, reaaaalllyyyy moooody, fucking love it guys. Vocals are top notch too! I just don't like piano melody too much, but that could be preferences thing.

Very good production. Would love to get a grab audio of that guitar haha :)rasta:)

"I know you wanna play me" oh man, she absolutelly smashed this bit!

I personally love the little added gap placed in after "The truth hurts......but here it is"

To add my 2cents in there. I think during the intro I'd have added some extra vocal fx or subtle lines and delayed bits just to help the listener anticipate a vocal track, however it would also add more interest. The piano and guitar are ok but to me they feel like they lie both in a similar frequency range and have a thiness that keeps them both in the background. To have something contrast in the foreground would create a bigger sounding intro. It comes in nicely and the bass flows nicely.
The percussion sounds nice I'd have probably made it a stand out a little more. Just initial things running around in my head but nothing is particularly wrong with what you do, more a subjective critisism.

The more I listen to that intro, I think having a distant echo of "The truth hurts but it alway did" alternated with "oh here it is" would work really well actually. I've heard it a few times now and the track is growing on me more. I've just also read d-low's comment and the bit about the vocals being promenent and drums was going through my mind. As I'd mentioned the percussion being a bit on the weaker side in terms of overall presence, having louder vocals will only work against allowing the drums to come through. It's a really catch and nice track though overall.

Back
Top Bottom