just started mixing!!

I feel your pain Hypa. I use to get really frustrated as well. Still do sometimes. I didn't touch my decks for a couple years, I used to get so pissed off with myself. Evetually you'll get to where practicing is really fun. Although, a shitty practise can still put me in a pretty bad mood. I swear once I think I have everything figured out, I reach a new level and then have to go right back to feeling like a noob.

Oh yeah, and the key to enjoying some quality cheese dip is all in finding the right chip or cracker to eat it with.:)

garlic bread, pitta with humous, pate on toast, cheese n crackers - fair do's dnbforum has supreme taste in snacks! i wuld kill for any of those right now

yeh man, jus start the tune off on the right beat/phrase/bar/riff/bit what ever u call it.. and dont touch the platter. work out if the tune is to slow or to fast. when you ride the pitch (this is how i do it); say ur tune is at 175bpm and the tune ur mixing into is at 178bpm, you would obv have to speed the 175 tune up. i find the best way is to snap the pitch up and back down again to where i think the pitch will be right. so you make the tune 175bpm tune a little faster then the 178 tune then make it a tad slower so it falls in beat with the other. then just fine tune.. hope that makes sense

All good advice in here. I remember when I was learning to mix, used to get so frustrated. Sometimes it helps to stop practicing for a few days then just start again with a clear mind. All of my breakthroughs happened this way.

Back
Top Bottom