July 2012 - 3 Deck Mix

Favourited on Soundcloud, following your account, banged my head, broke my headphones, threw my laptop through the window, raped my cat.

this was really sick man, few mixes where it could have sounded clearer (alien girl, the one although i'm guessing you were using thru mode or or doing some digital crossover so the levels were a bit diff etc) but other than that was sick.

scavenger with codec sounded so good, got a little wmp rewind hehe (y)

like the variety, changing the styles all the time kept it fresh. just as good if not maybe better than your last one. keep it up man, very enjoyable

Will peep this one Trev and then report back with some feedback :)

Thank you sir, I look forward to your fine words my friend.

looks... LARGE

all over it mate

Yes mate! You bloody legend, hope you enjoy it mayn.

Favourited on Soundcloud, following your account, banged my head, broke my headphones, threw my laptop through the window, raped my cat.

Ahahah thankington dude hope you like it! Cheers for the add and I'm sorry about your headphones.

Also, Rapecat is Apecat with an R. Hidden agenda? I think so.

this was really sick man, few mixes where it could have sounded clearer (alien girl, the one although i'm guessing you were using thru mode or or doing some digital crossover so the levels were a bit diff etc) but other than that was sick.

scavenger with codec sounded so good, got a little wmp rewind hehe (y)

like the variety, changing the styles all the time kept it fresh. just as good if not maybe better than your last one. keep it up man, very enjoyable

Ah cheers dude, completely missed your comments yesterday. You hit the nail on the head with the through mode ting. It adds an extra dimension when you have to be thinking about the levels, particular with the older plates which always seem to lack that bit off high end.

Pleased you liked the codec > scavenger one. The second drop on scavenger I find a bit of bitch to mix to be honest, dno about you but not much sticks to it. Codec switches the vibe of the tune though, think it's the only decent one I've found.

Massively appreciate you comments mate. Thanks for taking time to listen.

Thanks man! Let em know what you think.

TL looks mad as fook!

will be checking, got a few mixes to listen to, but will come back with my fav parts in due course.

peace.

Mix was nasty as hell, Trev. As soon as I heard Bomber getting teased during Messiah I knew what sort of ride I was going to be in for! Really liked how you let Messiah sit for a bit after the drop, adding some nice atmospherics to Bomber, though I wasn't as keen on the mix into Tryhard. Don't get me wrong, it sounded massive, but the drums were really screwing with me on that one until you lowered Bomber out. Some other noteworthy bits that I saw:

I did a mix a bit back where I dropped Stomp into the original Honeybee and it sounded huge, glad to know someone else saw the connection between those two.

Haywire >>> Love & Hate and then Payback >>> Mob Justice was massive, nearly lost it there. Need more DJs to do hugely adventurous stuff like that when playing out. Would get the dancefloor bumping! Alien Girl tease was just mean, though!

You know this truly is a mix made for the dancefloor. Heard that intro to Vault poke through and almost started cheering in my living room!

Loved the deep bit after Scavenger. Very heavy tunes with lurching basslines that got me in a certain skanking mood that I thought would be completely obliterated when Turbine came in, but it wasn't. Instead I love how you took deeper tunes on that vibe and progressively moved the energy level up until you got to tunes like The Nine, Insecticide, etc.

Hush Hush drop was massive! Always get moving when I hear that tune, and it sat well on that new Benny Page tune. Troggy >>> Twist 'Em Out is another new-to-classic mix that was really impressive, and then the drop into Renegade Remix was really good since you were able to keep Troggy on beat but down low.

Snapcase >>> This City >>> Garden had me skanking around the house, man. That mix was perfect pitched and matched. Really really well done there!

Like how you were able to essentially match similar basslines on Grand Funk Hustle >>> Cyrax.

Liked the drop down to deepness with Light in the Dark. Perfect way to transition from synthy tech tunes to a deeper, dirtier bass.

Not too keen on Imperial >>> Passenger mostly because I'm not too big a fan of either tune, but I do like how you took the deep bit and brought the energy level up to start matching some the tunes you threw out later like I Remember (which I honestly thought was the closer, since it almost always is!) and Mirador.

Finally, Go >>> Oblique, etc... that whole bit is rewind-worthy over and over again. A perfect, amazing way to close out a mix. Really really impressed. The whole mix shows off some amazing technical skill that's lightyears above stuff I hear from pretty much everyone on this forum. Makes me want to get in the lab and start tooling around with mixes to improve my skill. Really great stuff, gonna be listening to this one quite a bit more!

Mix was nasty as hell, Trev. As soon as I heard Bomber getting teased during Messiah I knew what sort of ride I was going to be in for! Really liked how you let Messiah sit for a bit after the drop, adding some nice atmospherics to Bomber, though I wasn't as keen on the mix into Tryhard. Don't get me wrong, it sounded massive, but the drums were really screwing with me on that one until you lowered Bomber out. Some other noteworthy bits that I saw:

I did a mix a bit back where I dropped Stomp into the original Honeybee and it sounded huge, glad to know someone else saw the connection between those two.

Haywire >>> Love & Hate and then Payback >>> Mob Justice was massive, nearly lost it there. Need more DJs to do hugely adventurous stuff like that when playing out. Would get the dancefloor bumping! Alien Girl tease was just mean, though!

You know this truly is a mix made for the dancefloor. Heard that intro to Vault poke through and almost started cheering in my living room!

Loved the deep bit after Scavenger. Very heavy tunes with lurching basslines that got me in a certain skanking mood that I thought would be completely obliterated when Turbine came in, but it wasn't. Instead I love how you took deeper tunes on that vibe and progressively moved the energy level up until you got to tunes like The Nine, Insecticide, etc.

Hush Hush drop was massive! Always get moving when I hear that tune, and it sat well on that new Benny Page tune. Troggy >>> Twist 'Em Out is another new-to-classic mix that was really impressive, and then the drop into Renegade Remix was really good since you were able to keep Troggy on beat but down low.

Snapcase >>> This City >>> Garden had me skanking around the house, man. That mix was perfect pitched and matched. Really really well done there!

Like how you were able to essentially match similar basslines on Grand Funk Hustle >>> Cyrax.

Liked the drop down to deepness with Light in the Dark. Perfect way to transition from synthy tech tunes to a deeper, dirtier bass.

Not too keen on Imperial >>> Passenger mostly because I'm not too big a fan of either tune, but I do like how you took the deep bit and brought the energy level up to start matching some the tunes you threw out later like I Remember (which I honestly thought was the closer, since it almost always is!) and Mirador.

Finally, Go >>> Oblique, etc... that whole bit is rewind-worthy over and over again. A perfect, amazing way to close out a mix. Really really impressed. The whole mix shows off some amazing technical skill that's lightyears above stuff I hear from pretty much everyone on this forum. Makes me want to get in the lab and start tooling around with mixes to improve my skill. Really great stuff, gonna be listening to this one quite a bit more!

HAB man your too kind. Completely get what you saying about the bomber tryhard mix listening back, its just sound quite messy initially, tough to eq well because both are quite big tunes in the mix.

Again, couldn't agree more with imperial > passenger. I'm not keen on passenger and I think Imperial is average at best. Just really thought they worked well together which was the key and fundamentally added some variation to the pot. I think sometimes you can not like the track necessarily but when mixed with something else it gives something extra, I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Really glad you were feeling the majority of it mate though, Go >> Oblique, i think is up there with one of my favourites at the moment.

I am on yours as we speak and will feedback shortly my friend. Big up!

deserves a lot more listens than it is has man, fire all the way through. not one slip off the top of my head too, you killed it

Gonna give this a go, tracklist looks wicked.

Also, completely off topic and maybe even slightly weird. Do you have a girlfriend that went to NASS festival? I spoke to a girl who said her boyfriend was on DnBForum called Tease, could be way off though haha.

Big ups anyway, checking now.

Gonna give this a go, tracklist looks wicked.

Also, completely off topic and maybe even slightly weird. Do you have a girlfriend that went to NASS festival? I spoke to a girl who said her boyfriend was on DnBForum called Tease, could be way off though haha.

Big ups anyway, checking now.

Fucking lol, yeh mate I do. Little ginger one working from trap magazine. She's always moaning about how much time I spend on here... bitches... Hopefully didn't embarrass herself too much, or me for that matter.

How on earth did this conversation start by the the way man? I mean about forumz. Did you sleep with her? :)

Thanks for listening btw dude, hope like it. I'm gna quiz her when she gets home lol

Fucking lol, yeh mate I do. Little ginger one working from trap magazine. She's always moaning about how much time I spend on here... bitches... Hopefully didn't embarrass herself too much, or me for that matter.

How on earth did this conversation start by the the way man? I mean about forumz. Did you sleep with her? :)

Thanks for listening btw dude, hope like it. I'm gna quiz her when she gets home lol

Hahah noooo! Nothing like that dude, there was loads of us backstage and I think she asked for a lighter or rizla or something I cant remember. But she asked what I was doing here, I said playing, then she wouldnt shut up about you :teeth: she did say you spend loads of time on here haha.

I think sometimes you can not like the track necessarily but when mixed with something else it gives something extra, I don't know, maybe it's just me.

This this a hundred times this. Same thing happened with me with End of Days. Really not feeling that tune but I threw it in just the right mix recently and it kills. I always used to be the type to look at a mix's tracklist and see tunes that I thought were either rinsed or not my style and look elsewhere. Its amazing how many tunes I slept on because I didn't give them a chance in a proper mix. Keep doing what you're doing, bruv, it makes perfect sense to me.

First and foremost lol at the tags. "Drum bass dnb bellend" haha
I'm having another listen as I type this, so will just write as I go along :)

Messiah > Bomber - Heavy intro! No nonsense, big tunes, big blend. Like it!
Tryhard > Galaxy - Love the way you brought in Galaxy, tunes work nicely together. Big mix right here!

Wasn't feeling Tryhard into Honeybee too much, a lot of drums! But i'm not a mahusive fan of Honeybee anyway. Having said that, Stomp came in nicely & changed my opinion - sounded wicked :)
CRIKEY! The double of Payback and Mob Justice, huge stuff. Then before I knew it Alien girl teased in, wow! Absolutely sick! Payback and Cracker work nicely together, enjoyed this one.

Calyx & Teebee – Scavenger
Dub Phizix – Codec
Alix Perez – Myriads (Jubei Remix)
^This section right here would tear up the dance. Big up!

Oh gosh Abyss & Insecticide, big selection. Would've maybe eq'd a few more highs out of insecticide, but hard to say without trying it myself. Sat hear with headphones on - would sound large on a system :)

Like the way Top Skank Rank came in, upbeat riddim! Ashamed to say I've never heard it, but definitely bagging this tune!! The vocals sit really really nicely over Hush Hush. Nice stuff!
Then ohh gosh! Trologdyte > Twist 'em out (always a winner!) Big mix right here.

The menace remix tease was cheeky. Love that tune! But fair play for taking it out, paved the way for a huge mix .... Renegade > Snapcase :)

June Miller – Snapcase
&rt;&rt; LSB – This City
T.E.E.D – Garden (Calibre Remix)
^ Perfect! Wicked vibes.

Flashing Lights > Command Four. Big mix! Wouldn't have thought of this one myself, the vocals sat really nicely over the growling bassline. EQ'd nicely too. Good work! Also it sounds really fucking good with Network, lovely switch.
Infact...

Chase & Status feat. Sub Focus – Flashing Lights (S.P.Y Remix)
Zero Method – Command Four
&rt;&rt; Emperor – Network
Die & Break – Grand Funk Hustle
&rt;&rt; Xtrah – Cyrax
Andrew Bay and Matt Lange feat. Kerry Leva – In And Out Of Phase (Calyx & Teebee Remix)
&rt;&rt; Logistics – Colourwheel (Friction and K-Tee Remix)
Spectrasoul feat. Terri Walker – Light In The Dark
Skeptical – Blue Eyes
Jubei feat. Flowdan – Say Nothin (brought this in well. blended nicely. the bassline wrrrll.wrrrll of Blue Eyes sounded soso sick behind Say Nothin )
Stray – Saturday (big ups for the eq'ing on this)
^ This entire section is sheer excellence. Really enjoyed everything here. Selection is spot on man.

Sorry to say though... I didn't really enjoy the way Imperial came in. Came in quite loud and fast. Didn't really fit in with the last few tunes either. That coupled with the fact I don't really like the tune, might make this bit of feedback a bit biased so apologies haha. Not really a fan of the Imperial > Passenger mix - as just mentioned don't really like Imperial, and Passenger isn't my cup of tea. Can appreciate the mix though, it gave Imperial an extra something about it.

Sabre, Stray & Halogenix feat. Frank Carter – Oblique
&rt;&rt; Vicious Circle & Nocturnal – Last Chance Saloon
&rt;&rt; Basher & Xtrah - Hubble
^ This section was really cool. The vocals from Oblique sat really nicely on top of both tunes. The blend out of Last Chance Saloon using the Oblique vocals was dead smooth. Then the dubble Hubble drop sounded sick. Wicked blend.

All in all a SERIOUSLY good mix! Really really enjoyed it man, good work! Some lovely switches in there making full use of the 3 decks. I've always wanted a third deck, now I'm definitely going to get one : )
I've no idea if this feedback is any good, hope so mate! (I haven't gone back and re-read it, it's coming up to 3am and I fancy some sleep haha)

Look forward to hearing the next one ;)

edit: crikey this post is longer than I thought.
ALSO! How does this mix have only 46 plays. I'm no good at promo myself but shit son this needs to get out there its massive!

Hahah noooo! Nothing like that dude, there was loads of us backstage and I think she asked for a lighter or rizla or something I cant remember. But she asked what I was doing here, I said playing, then she wouldnt shut up about you :teeth: she did say you spend loads of time on here haha.

Ahahah brilliant. She enjoying doing all these backstage things, she's really starting to begin her new career as a DJ whore with real promise, so yeh I'm really proud. She is right though I spend way too much time on here, I am dnb fiend...

Anyway hope your well mate, let me know what you think.

This this a hundred times this. Same thing happened with me with End of Days. Really not feeling that tune but I threw it in just the right mix recently and it kills. I always used to be the type to look at a mix's tracklist and see tunes that I thought were either rinsed or not my style and look elsewhere. Its amazing how many tunes I slept on because I didn't give them a chance in a proper mix. Keep doing what you're doing, bruv, it makes perfect sense to me.

Cheers bud.

First and foremost lol at the tags. "Drum bass dnb bellend" haha
I'm having another listen as I type this, so will just write as I go along :)

Messiah > Bomber - Heavy intro! No nonsense, big tunes, big blend. Like it!
Tryhard > Galaxy - Love the way you brought in Galaxy, tunes work nicely together. Big mix right here!

Wasn't feeling Tryhard into Honeybee too much, a lot of drums! But i'm not a mahusive fan of Honeybee anyway. Having said that, Stomp came in nicely & changed my opinion - sounded wicked :)
CRIKEY! The double of Payback and Mob Justice, huge stuff. Then before I knew it Alien girl teased in, wow! Absolutely sick! Payback and Cracker work nicely together, enjoyed this one.

Calyx & Teebee – Scavenger
Dub Phizix – Codec
Alix Perez – Myriads (Jubei Remix)
^This section right here would tear up the dance. Big up!

Oh gosh Abyss & Insecticide, big selection. Would've maybe eq'd a few more highs out of insecticide, but hard to say without trying it myself. Sat hear with headphones on - would sound large on a system :)

Like the way Top Skank Rank came in, upbeat riddim! Ashamed to say I've never heard it, but definitely bagging this tune!! The vocals sit really really nicely over Hush Hush. Nice stuff!
Then ohh gosh! Trologdyte > Twist 'em out (always a winner!) Big mix right here.

The menace remix tease was cheeky. Love that tune! But fair play for taking it out, paved the way for a huge mix .... Renegade > Snapcase :)

June Miller – Snapcase
&rt;&rt; LSB – This City
T.E.E.D – Garden (Calibre Remix)
^ Perfect! Wicked vibes.

Flashing Lights > Command Four. Big mix! Wouldn't have thought of this one myself, the vocals sat really nicely over the growling bassline. EQ'd nicely too. Good work! Also it sounds really fucking good with Network, lovely switch.
Infact...

Chase & Status feat. Sub Focus – Flashing Lights (S.P.Y Remix)
Zero Method – Command Four
&rt;&rt; Emperor – Network
Die & Break – Grand Funk Hustle
&rt;&rt; Xtrah – Cyrax
Andrew Bay and Matt Lange feat. Kerry Leva – In And Out Of Phase (Calyx & Teebee Remix)
&rt;&rt; Logistics – Colourwheel (Friction and K-Tee Remix)
Spectrasoul feat. Terri Walker – Light In The Dark
Skeptical – Blue Eyes
Jubei feat. Flowdan – Say Nothin (brought this in well. blended nicely. the bassline wrrrll.wrrrll of Blue Eyes sounded soso sick behind Say Nothin )
Stray – Saturday (big ups for the eq'ing on this)
^ This entire section is sheer excellence. Really enjoyed everything here. Selection is spot on man.

Sorry to say though... I didn't really enjoy the way Imperial came in. Came in quite loud and fast. Didn't really fit in with the last few tunes either. That coupled with the fact I don't really like the tune, might make this bit of feedback a bit biased so apologies haha. Not really a fan of the Imperial > Passenger mix - as just mentioned don't really like Imperial, and Passenger isn't my cup of tea. Can appreciate the mix though, it gave Imperial an extra something about it.

Sabre, Stray & Halogenix feat. Frank Carter – Oblique
&rt;&rt; Vicious Circle & Nocturnal – Last Chance Saloon
&rt;&rt; Basher & Xtrah - Hubble
^ This section was really cool. The vocals from Oblique sat really nicely on top of both tunes. The blend out of Last Chance Saloon using the Oblique vocals was dead smooth. Then the dubble Hubble drop sounded sick. Wicked blend.

All in all a SERIOUSLY good mix! Really really enjoyed it man, good work! Some lovely switches in there making full use of the 3 decks. I've always wanted a third deck, now I'm definitely going to get one : )
I've no idea if this feedback is any good, hope so mate! (I haven't gone back and re-read it, it's coming up to 3am and I fancy some sleep haha)

Look forward to hearing the next one ;)

edit: crikey this post is longer than I thought.
ALSO! How does this mix have only 46 plays. I'm no good at promo myself but shit son this needs to get out there its massive!

Mate, massively appreciate the feedback. Chuffed you liked all those bits!! :)

Completely agree with the Tryhard mixes man, too much going on deffo, need to sort out some eqing there I think.

Don't be ashamed about not hearing Top Rank Skank, I heard it on a fucking Annie Mac show mate by accident THATS shameful.

Yeh I don't know why I put that Imperial > Passenger mix in, others have said the same thing, and I don't like either tune enough to put them in, just mixed them together and liked it and now massively regret it. Got a bit excited I think man.

Get on the 3 decks bro, started last year and it's changed my life. Took me 6 months to get the hang of it then it becomes like your in the fucking Matrix or some shit and can see tunes flying everywhere. Makes everything much more exciting.

Massive respect for the response man, your words have been hugely helpful. Big up!

Back
Top Bottom