Is this a good deal???

djhektikz

VIP Junglist
Technics 1200 MK2 turntable. *Technics 1210 MK2 turntable. Both with technics slipmatts and stanton carts. The lids have a few stickers on, but am sure these'll come off ok. *Made 2 Fade GM25 MK2 mixer. *JVC AX-A441 amplifier. *Pair of mission speakers (not sure on the model unfortunately). *World Range metal vinyl flight case (approx 120 record capacity).£425

Sounds OK to me - although the mixer is nothing I've ever heard of so I'm guessing it'll be utter bollocks - try and negotiate a discount from that price, explain that the mixer will need replacing as that isn't a premium brand so will degrade v. quickly...

Should be enough to get a discount - also check that everything is in good working order before you buy - turn it all on, move all the knobs on the amp and faders around - any cracking, buzzing or bleed then you'll want further discount.

Still though - should be OK as technics are fairly indestructable and Mission speakers are fairly good so you're already onto a winner...

if you need me to tell you that***

guess it just depends on how old the technics are, i bought mine second hand and i know everyone says they're technics they keep their standard, but, even though i've never had any serious problems with them, they're over ten years old now and they aren't pitch perfect anymore.

it sounds reasonable...
you get what you pay for most of the time, £425 sounds about right for 2 second hand technics and a fairly good 2 channel mixer.
I would definately go check it all out, make sure he aint selling anything broken to ya...

klkl nice one lads he said he's had the decks for 10 years but only used them for 5 and put them in his loft il check everything works though cheers for the advice!! il try n get him down to 400

not bad, you can find a cheaper deal tho, can get 2x 1210's with concordes for around the same price on ebay.

i just won a set of 1210's for 171quid on ebay other day, the silly cunt put the bid to end at 11 in morning when noone is on ebay, so using my l33t ebay ninja skillz i snatched them up. but the guy hasnt contacted me at all since the bid ended, so guessing the are a lost cause.

wanna scrap my old gemini pt2000's so bad, one fo the tone arms is about to fall off and the pins in the other tone arm keep falling in half way thru mixes which completely cuts all the bass out of my recordings, i got a good few months of vinyl purchases that need laying down in sets :who_wants

Back
Top Bottom