Is DnB better now the Pendulum fad is over?

I mean, if you want to keep underground genre fans liking you, you can't release shit like granite......

Why would they want to? The underground clearly doesn’t want them….whats the ‘underground’ anyway, sounds like a bunch of moaning bastards..

Granite is a really well put together piece of music, highly polished and shows exactly their statement of intent. They will do really well and they deserve it… ive said all I need to say…

Last edited:
I'm from Perth and am pretty sure that the direction that these guys are going in now, is where they have wanted to be all along. They were in a band b4, and have wanted to be in a band all along IMO.

I mean, DnB is underground by nature, and their new stuff is pretty much sped-up-pop-rock, (granite, blood sugar), they will gets heaps of new fans, be able to play guitars on stage, live the rockstar life for a while, but I think their name won't be able to carry them forever, and people will realise the cheap pop-rock they've become , and start to lose interest.

I mean, if you want to keep underground genre fans liking you, you can't release shit like granite......

I think that its just a shame they are turning their backs on a style of music that they are so good at creating. I mean, how good would a 2nd pendulum album like "hold your colour" be ?

Instead they will probably release some more crap simple drum beats, coupled to songs with predictable guitar hooks, and no drops.

Im not having a go at them, I'm just sad one of the biggest acts to ever come out of Perth city is turning away from the music i love.

So in summary, i don't think its better now that pendulum have turned pop-rock. I think its just better that other producers are still releasing new songs that we love, as what always happens and always will happen .

Fair enough but most of the producers and DJs I know from Perth are actually happy for them and give them large respect, even if they don't spin their tunes. I am from Perth as well btw, and have always been a fan.

They have made it big from one of the hardest places on the planet to make it big from, yet the backlash is sadly predictable. If people think they’ve fallen off, I don’t think they give the slightest bit of a fuck, and that seems to be the thing that shits the ‘underground’ most of all.

El Hornet was DJing round Perth for years before joining Pendulum, before it became trendy to boast about Perth's great scene, so you cant question his 'underground' credentials. but its pretty clear that Lokki is right, they have decided to stop trying to please dnb fans alone by staying within the narrow confines of what people expect from them.

whats the ‘underground’ anyway, sounds like a bunch of moaning bastards..

Innit.

You might not like the trx they are making now, but if 'you' love DnB so much, you'd appreciate all the positives they've brought to the scene.

Last edited:
I'm kinda sick of people whining about "the state of drum and bass today...." etc etc

For fucks sake. Your stereo has an "off" button doesn't it? Try venturing out of your little bubble and try something new.

I could rant about this for hours, but that would make me just the same as the rest of ya.

that would make me just the same as the rest of ya.

So,what is everyone then,moany cunts??

And another thing mate,i go by this rule 'if i've not got something good to say then i don't say nothing at all'.

If i find a thread boring or un-intresting i don't go in there and slag em all off for whining as you call it.
Your fed up with people whining about 'the state of drum and bass today' but then your moaning about them making posts about 'the state of drum and bass'!!!!!!!

Last edited:
For fucks sake. Your stereo has an "off" button doesn't it? Try venturing out of your little bubble and try something new.

Your PC has an OFF button doesn't it?

If these posts are winding you up then press that OFF button and go and watch Neighbours or some shit like that,then again best not,you'll only come back here and moan about Neighbours cos mrs Mangle aint in it anymore.

Last edited:
I'm kinda sick of people whining about "the state of drum and bass today...." etc etc

Yeah right…

Stop moaning no one is making you go watch them live or making you buy their albums…..

Look at dnb…they were one of the most important things to happen to it in years….

End of!

I could rant about this for hours, but that would make me just the same as the rest of ya.

Its a discussion about how the dnb sound has evolved since pendulum and how they've evolved! Have u actually read the thread or have u just hoped to jump onto some kind of bandwagon?

Its a discussion about how the dnb sound has evolved since pendulum and how they've evolved! Have u actually read the thread or have u just hoped to jump onto some kind of bandwagon?

The title suggests more along the lines of 'the fad being over' .. kind of has negeative connotations.

basically to put it simple pendulum have released sum sick tunes but now they are making shit tunes (imo) but sum ppl like em so fair enuff.
i dont fink its good the pendulum "fad" is over as they did do great things for dnb.

Not so. I keep reading a lot of the same thing about Pendulum, and the stir they have created, but they've become a part of d&b whether people want it or not, and I think there's a whole lot going on in d&b. I just get riled by all the negativity when d&b has actually got so big it's developed, grown, split into umpteen subgenres. Theres so much to choose from, why be so bothered about the stuff you don't like?

Since Pendulum, (well I say that, they're still not out the picture yet anyway) d&b isn't better, it isn't worse, in fact it's both. D&b is just different now. But you all know there'll be another irritating "fad" soon enough. C'est la vie.

I would ask you what you who would be the most significant artists who were key players in the developing the sound of drum and bass and you might say Ed Rush & Optical for example, but there are people out there who don't probably appreciate them... :weirdo:

One mans poison is another man's pleasure, as everywhere in life. We all got our own views.

I tend to agree Noxxus, not sure why you got attacked like that in this thread. People should follow their own advice and discuss the matter, rather than insulting others. Ahem.

I certainly think so.

More n more grimey, wobbly, nasty tunes are gettin played instead of the full on musical melody tunes.

Maybe its just my musical peference but i think dirty, grimey dnb is far better than the singy, synth melody stuff!

Hazard seems to be the anthem maker at the mo while pendulums sound aint really progressed at all.

What ya think?

I think pendulum's sound is heard dead.. But "Hold your colour" has nearly everyone in his case... The nu pendulum stuff is like the old. Slam is like blood sugar, and blood sugar is like "the new".. (^^) But it should also be respected for the work they have done!
The "new massiv" will celebrate them like we did @ "another planet" or later ones..
They are big in business and they will stay big in business too..
We should ....... them their victory....!
For us its not something special, but for the noobs its the biiig tunes..
So much respect to pendulum!!
Im not really fan of the new pendulum tune.. IMO its the same like the last ones.. But the new celebrates the new tunes, as we celebrate the old ones..
Its the same shit imo..

So pendulum has nothin to do with ...... getting nowadays dnb!

There are so much other artists , Who ..... the newer stuff..

Please dont cover pendulum for "creating" the one and only new style.

The other genres are growing bigger than pendulum in their style..

let the noobs have their fun and let us have our fun at our styles/artists..

Well i have to say
i heard in august one another track for the nu album in a mp3 file.
not granite, the one who you can hear right here:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qaDxfgxFc08

and seriously, i'm a big huge fan of dnb since a lot of times but this track is like what, one of my favest dnb track ever? and my point is this is the greatest pendulum song EVER.

about pendulum "fkin lame" effects on forums (specially on doa)
well pendulum's goin bigger months after months. no one can say the exactlu oposate.
some ppl don't like them, yeah, why not. some ppl like them, yeah, why not.

pls nevermind? pendulum's guys r doing what they want to do.
they make money? well, ok, why not?
they are askin 3000£ for a live gig? well if its works, good for them, no?
they are really implicated in pendulum. it works. well good for them?
they make money? good for them?

well if i'm in the case of makin a little band, growing up, growing up, goin very very massive
and that's bring a lot of money (dj sets, albums, gigs) ... WHY NOT WTH?

please...
blablabla underground blablabla
that's shit.

same thin in belgium.
some "YO UBER C00L PPL from UNDERGROUND be dnb scene" told a lot of craps 'bout some stuff in dnb in be.
same thing.

Shut the f*ck up.

blablabla commercial? whatever?
and... what means commercial? easy listening? well i really like much better easy listening than "extreme"
and it's the same for every kind of music.

i like rock/nu metal, that's not the same thin than black metal
i like hip hop, that's not the same thin than gangsta lame rap
i like french songs, that's not the same thin than frenchlame singers
i like electronica, that's not the same thin than jumpstyle, breakcore etc.

pls ppl, evolve.

sorry for my lame english.
that's not my initial language.

peace all

Last edited:
even though i didnt really like that tune in the video the gig looked wicked...w

looks like the tour is doing well! :)

it is easy to see how drum n bass has chaned over the years startin witht the jungle then the l8 90's to early 2000s you had the pendulm fad n now the lat 2 years drum n bass has evolved again with the likes of hazard friction TC..i lyk all drum n bass there isnt realy a style i dnt lyk all drum and bass goes well in differant occasions but i do like the recent stuff its good for getin a stomp on at raves in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom