DnB Intelligent DnB Compo Voting

Vote for your favourite two tracks...

• Total voters

Manu Forti

Detached Audio
VIP Junglist
Dnb Forum community, the day has arrived. The competition is over and we can now decide on the winners.

Firstly thanks to @logikz and @bhksamples for setting up prizes for this one, seems to have drawn a crowd of promising artists in here who know the importance of sampling in drum n bass production. I think we can all agree the forum has massive respect for sorting that out!

The prizes are as follows...
1st place : 150 eur gift card at BHK!
2nd place: 100 eur gift card at BHK!
3rd place : 50 eur gift card at BHK!

If you found the pack difficult to work with get your ass over to https://bhksamples.com/ for the best dnb production ear candy out there.

So forum, lets decide on the top 3 shall we? You have two votes so choose wisely. Please have a listen through the tracks and cast your educated vote. (Voting closes 28th October)

I believe judges @logikz @SteveR94 @EvezDroppin @Dark Lizardro will be giving feedback on the top 5 and collectively choosing the top 3? Come in say hi gents, confirm the situation for us if you dont mind.

Tracks have been kept anonymous this time round and are arranged alphabetically. A through to P in no particular order, below is the full playlist for your kick back and chill out convenience. Just hit play... (first track is K2T's dummy track, not to be confused with A)

And the full line up in case there's issues with the playlist in your browser...

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

Check out BHK's track here also...

And lastly but no means least big ups too the contestants, great turn out this time! Apologies for the faffing about with the closing date, unfortunately these things happen. Thanks for your flexibility.

Nice job lads!!!

@Rounder RG
@JoJabes
@IV4
@Sulihin
@robots777
@scrTchs
@KRYOS
@Henry Drum & Bass
@Phil.DNB
@Dang
@Bart Barnes
@Kai98
@Fluff
@00833827
@TheRisen41

:applause:

You cannot vote for yourself btw folks (as if you would), ill know... Ive kept voting anon for time being but i will reveal all when we count them.

Last edited:
Hello! Great to see such a good turnout.

Just confirming my place on the judging panel, so feedback on the 5, then choosing the top 3, that sounds good to me!

I'll just add an extra for myself here, if anyone who isn't in the top 5 wants feedback, do feel free to send me a PM with a link to your bit and I can do what I can!

Hello! Great to see such a good turnout.

Just confirming my place on the judging panel, so feedback on the 5, then choosing the top 3, that sounds good to me!

I'll just add an extra for myself here, if anyone who isn't in the top 5 wants feedback, do feel free to send me a PM with a link to your bit and I can do what I can!
I will definitely take you up on that feedback. How long are we leaving voting open for?

Last edited:
ciao guys! I'm sorry, I culd not submit my remix in time ... I was too late here. maybe next time but I vote today!
sorry, but some songs are not Intelligent DNB .. was this not a top requirmente to do real IDB ???
I agree, but i found it very difficult to get that sound tbh. And there are a good few that i think got it right.

Great work everyone. A little bit torn as how to vote as my favourite is probably the least "intelligent" sounding of them all.
Difficult huh, although i am personally voting with that in mind.

Al right my votes are in gents, i went for G based on the bassline hook, sound and arrangement sounding the most "intelligent" in style to me.

And albeit not really sounding like you nailed the style, i would say N was very 90's and got my 2nd vote.

Got a listen to all of these entries and I must say I'm mightily impressed. Usually with remix competitions, sample competitions, out of the entries, you get about 20% of amazing entries, 50% decent entries, and then the rest be lacking or not following the brief, but here I think there are loooads of great entries, in fact most of these entries I genuinely enjoyed and had fun listening to.

There's a few here and there that don't fit the intelligent sound but as people have mentioned, it is pretty tough to nail that sound, probably why we don't get as much intelligent DnB like back in the day.

Votes have now been cast, best of luck everyone!

What a turn out, that's simply awesome.
I got like five of the submissions so I haven't heard the other 15. I'm starting with A, and it's great. All the ones I heard were great too, I'm starting to think it's the style that's doing it, this is probably my favourite style. I'll report back when I heard all of them.

My own submission was restarted today. And it sounds mega ordinary. So I'll be judging this time around.

Mrs always said I was dumb
#notelligent

That was a huge critique against the genre back in the day when it was big, like 'if your style is intelligent, means you're calling ours stupid??' not joking, actually happened.

The history of jungle is full of these moments of petty but intense as fuck squabbles, like when soundsystems clash and when it's dub fi dub they pull guns and start shooting at each other instead. Petty and stupid and intense beyond belief, granted that's a reggae and dance hall thing but their culture used to be called ours for the longest time.

Still listening through the subs but some of you kids are in the wrong game clearly. This is what you were meant to be doing all along. If this was 2001 we could drop a compilation cd with the best ten tunes and they would name a new sub genre after it.

(this is how the term 'liquid' came about in case you were not informed)

My votes are in. Tracks B and G.
Track B - Drums sounds awesome and are rolling well through the whole track. Have gone back to it a fair few times already.
Track G - Ambient sounds and pads are amazing and sets a great feel to the track with the drums fitting in nicely. My pick of the bunch.

Quality stuff throughout. Thumbs up to the comp team :2thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom