I'm thinking of starting up a night...

sparkyc10 said:
thats what i thought... im still undecided as to getting a decent mc, or dj, or to just have local talent though. any other ideas anyone?
i live in kent myself and started djing at a bar where they had one big name come down,and used some local talent aswell , the place really rocked but they changed the venue and started trying to get bigger names in, they got a bit ahead of themselves and it did`nt quite work out.
i think if you start out small get a regular crowd in you could be on to something as living in kent myself know there is`nt much about in the way of d&b nights.
anyway if you need a dj give me a shout and i can send u a cd or something, cheers.

thanks for the replys everyone. i appreciate the interest.

smarty - depending on the success of the first night and how much money i have to spend, id like to get either q-project or nicky blackmarket for the next one so keep your eyes peeled :)

oli - glad you like the lineup. hope to see you down there!

zestoi - thanks for the information on good places to flyer. ill try get down there at some point. hopefully you can come to one another month when your visiting essex again :)

spitals - with the sort of money i have to do these nights ill probably just be getting local DJs and 1 or 2 big names anyway! hopefully thisl be enough to get people in though. im trying to keep ticket prices as low as i can as well. thanks for your advice, and if you want to send me a mix do it through rebirth_dnb@hotmail.co.uk or PM me for my home address.

thanks again to everyone for your interest, 1 month to go :2thumbs:

just thought id better let anyone know who was planning on coming to this event that it has been cancelled due to club B-lo being shut down. hopefully ill arrange a new date and venue for the night in the near future and hope to see some of you there. thanks to everyone who has supported me with this night. hopefully it wont have been a waste of time! ill post as soon as a new date has been set. thanks - ash

as far as i know the club has been shut down cos the owners were up to a lot of stuff they shouldnt hav been. they lost their license and carried on trading for one thing so i imagine that was the main thing. they generallyhad a bad reputation so it was bound to happen eventually. ll post as soon as new date and venue has been arranged. :2thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom