i think its time for another production competition

... then the 5 tunes with the highest plays would go through to a judging panel. ....
meh ! so i can sit and listen to my tune over and over again to shortlist it ! haha, i may have missed where you are going to host it but what about DnB forum members get to vote for the best tune (one/two/three choices per member) and then the ones with the most votes get shortlisted.

meh ! so i can sit and listen to my tune over and over again to shortlist it ! haha, i may have missed where you are going to host it but what about DnB forum members get to vote for the best tune (one/two/three choices per member) and then the ones with the most votes get shortlisted.
yeah, i know. thats is exactly the problem with this idea. anyone can just hit 100 plays on his tune every day. so we either need to come up with another way of narrowing the entries down to 5 finalists, or just ask that people play fair and hope that no one will be a spoiled little shit and cheat.

I'd like to judge this Gordo. Might I suggest that there be only 1 round and the panel of judges just listen to all of the entries then give their top 5? Number 1 gets 10 points, 2 gets 8 points, 3 gets 6 points and so on then tally the total from the judges. Only fair way really. A tune is usually only 5 minutes long so it wouldn't take up too much time to listen to every entry unless we get into 20+ entries.

yes gloxxy, you're more than welcome to asses tunes. but i dont want to leave it entirely on the judges, as that would be far too much work for you guys. im still considering some sort of system. expect a new thread tonight . (y)

The play count system is flawed in the fact that i don't think many people are going to return to these tunes even if they very nice, it's still going to be unpractical for most users to listen via internet browsers, most hits would just come from people having a listen and would leave "pot luck" figues. I remain with Gloxxy on the judges. Or perhaps 50% of it is down to the judges, and the other 50% down to a forum vote? X

Last edited:
How about judges vote for a top 5 and then put it to the forum to pick a winner via a poll?

I don't think hits is a good idea, as has been stated any amount of hits can be racked up... and lots of hits dosent always = good tune.

thats all well. but the idea behind the playcount is that the sooner you submit your track, the more count you will accumulate until the deadline. so not only there an incentive for handing your track in soon, but also the fact that there is no clear deadline for people to miss.
but like i said, its a tricky one. the phantom bumping of plays and teh fact that many wont bother listening more than once are clear issues. on the other hand, i worry that if we set a deadline and people dont make it, then the whole thing may flop again.
but lets say for now that we have a deadline, then we do a vote and then the best 5 go to the judges. would two weeks be enough ? one week for sound design/composition, one week for arrangement/mixdown. if we have 3 or 4 weeks, then maybe some would think they have too much time and postdate it. with only two weeks we can get people on it straight away.
you dig ?

what the fuck are you lot on about ? since starting this thread i sorted two competitions out, and you were all happy with them.
i cant do any more comps now. ask your in house mod, senor logikz. he's got bare free time

Back
Top Bottom