Hugh Hardie - How I Feel

hey man, loving the melodies :) got a good style...

kick could do with beefing up, try layering subby kick under the one u have in there.

maybe bring the sub up a touch aswell besides that i have no criticism, like your stuff

I disagree, I think the kick works perfectly as it is. It has a nice punch to it, helping give the track a lot of drive. Your productions are solid mate. Great work

Cheers Jack, yea I was going through a bunch of kick sounds, couldnt quite get the one i wanted, u mean layer 2 kicks? won't they clash?

Thanks Mr Fletch, nice compliment!

well they can do yeah it all depends how you layer them :)
i usually use 3, 1 subby one (45Hz - 100/125), 1 mid one low cut at 100-125 again depends on whether ur subby kick has any mid range in it, and then a high kick low cut at about 4/500 Hz with a touch of reverb to give it some presence.... its all preference though, this is how I get a nice punchy kick cutting through all frequencies. You can get one kick though that will do all of this (june miller pack has some very solid kicks in there)

Last edited:
wow 3 kicks, i had no idea u could layer them up like that. how do u choose the kick samples to layer up, u look for ones that sound similar or different? thats often a problem i have getting the kick to cut through a busy mix nicely

Back
Top Bottom