How to get a 'growling' bass?????

#
Hm. Yeh, mine ate my OWN sandwich. Now I'm starving :(

EQ it a bit. Take out the sandwich stealing frequency, I think it's like 540 or something. Don't put a chorus on it, it'll just make it stronger and more violent. Though if you bitcrush it, it can't hurt you much.

Then I resample at a good quality. I then apply sweeping bandpass filters on a low setting so it wont effect the sound much, then a highpass on a different time setting and a low pass n a lower speed setting. I also add some effects at this point. I resample again and put it into dblue - glitch and mess about.

I may add a sub bass under it at this point

synthesis + distortion + mod + eq + compression + resample...
in any order or combination.. then repeat... again and again...

I'm new at this but I've picked up on this reading CM also, where they talk about bouncing things down to audio. Whats the benefits and can't you just place multiple filter effect on the original sounds with delays etc? I'm guessing it reduces the work your processor has to do instead of putting hundreds of effects in real time? I'm working in reason which seems not to have this problem, or is there another reason everyone re-samples their synthesized sounds? Does it come from the days when people mainly used HW synths or something...

I'm new at this but I've picked up on this reading CM also, where they talk about bouncing things down to audio. Whats the benefits and can't you just place multiple filter effect on the original sounds with delays etc? I'm guessing it reduces the work your processor has to do instead of putting hundreds of effects in real time? I'm working in reason which seems not to have this problem, or is there another reason everyone re-samples their synthesized sounds? Does it come from the days when people mainly used HW synths or something...

Resampling gives the sound that "air" and it sounds much better, trust.

my brother asked me this question and i actually had some difficulty answering it, but the benefits of resampling are pretty obvious, lets say you want multiple envs of different kinds from your sampler, reverse the sound and above all use outboard effects that cannot be vstd like tape or vintage amps or similar

i find that sometimes the bass changes each time, through the way ive programmed it. Do i usually tend to resample it so it doesnt change, but also resample the changed parts mayby i do want if that makes sense?

i suppose if youve got lfo on it, but resample 4 good notes and do an lfo in the sampler and youll have doubled the movement in the sound.

this one thing i have been playing with recently... making relativly simple and 'full' square wave notes with some light LFO modulation, then runnning them through my samplers LFO to to get really wompety womp!

my brother asked me this question and i actually had some difficulty answering it, but the benefits of resampling are pretty obvious, lets say you want multiple envs of different kinds from your sampler, reverse the sound and above all use outboard effects that cannot be vstd like tape or vintage amps or similar

Also, when the bass is in audio, there loads more you can do with it. You can phase invert a clone of the bass and detune it, then it sounds WICKED.

Another thing is when I resample my bassline, I usually find adjustments I could make to crank up the PHAT in it. I will post an example later

well its simple really buy a condenser mic.... piss off a dog... record... bung on a sampler... eq and distort :teeth:

Last edited:
well its simple really buy a condenser mic.... piss off a dog... record... bung on a sampler... eq and distort :teeth:

Noisia said the bass in "the tide" was them cleaning their windows with a high pressure system!

Back
Top Bottom