How popular is teh wobble?

:word:

I love all D&B, but Jump-Up does make me get up and jump around, hence the name Jump-Up lol

last week i went to town on a thursday, and got very drunk.. anywayz the next day i had to drive to London... in a lorry... and i was a tiny bit hungova... spend the day listeing to classical fm in a paralyzed monged state of mind lol

all this speak of wobble is making be nauseous, jus makes be the of the term clownstep

hazard/g dub etc. is hardly a wobbley sound, i'd go further down the spectrum to some1 like dub alley for that
:D

Jump up sells the most bar none.. its v.popular

Like anything GOOD jump up is great.. but there is soooooooo much fucking copycat shite out there its unreal.. trust me

Although (and its not like me to say this) there is a lot of good jumpup coming through at the moment, teh wobble is actually maturing a little bit and getting very heavy.

all this speak of wobble is making be nauseous, jus makes be the of the term clownstep

hazard/g dub etc. is hardly a wobbley sound, i'd go further down the spectrum to some1 like dub alley for that
:D

dub alley & high roller ftw crazy wobble sounds

jump up is good. real good but like alot of ppl have said theres too much copying and producers are bring ut alot of stuff thats too alike. yer alo of them are killer tracks but they are too alike. I know alot of people who wud listen to a jump up mix and be like. that all sounded the same to me. Its alot better at raves, and with a decent mc it makes it even better. Overall it needs fewer tracks that sounds so alike and the producers need to explore more than just there wobble samples 1-9.

If you watch the DNBA Micky Finn/Darren Jay interview, Micky says the exact same thing alot of you are saying, good artists like Hazard, G Dub, but too many people trying to imitate them and stagnating the scene.

I'm more of a dark dnb-head but when I have to choose for another sub genre I would go for jump up , when I hear a quality jump up tune at a rave I just have to start jumping around like a monkey on crystal meth !

I think the main problem is that any head can get their hands on production software these days (legally or illegally...) so everyone seems to be producing jump up tracks meaning that 50% of the tunes being made/released tend to be pretty poor.. or just too damn wobbly for the mainstream audiences to handle!

I think people can forget that other subgenres of dnb can come out with poor material all the same, just not to the same scale as jump up - because of its popularity

Personally for me I like a lot of Original Sin stuff... not a huge fan of Hazard although Killas Dont Die was wicked, thats just personal taste not cos i thin k hes shit... I like Clipz's stuff (not all of it) and think TC is good as well... but get really sick of hearing sets full of the same sounding jump up sounds .. where is the originality?? huh?

Im liking the new releases on Musik Hertz and a few bits here and there by people like Cabbie, Nicol and Maj etc.. but their are so many fucking copy cats around right now who just cos they have a copy of reason and know how to do that whiney mid range clipz thing think they are the next signing to Playaz. I mean i work in a dnb distributor office and you would not beileve the amount of g dub / clipz etc rip offs getting sent to us...

It does sell the most because teh demographic that largely buy tunes on vinyl are around 16-19 and male. This age group tends to be into jump up cos its qucik, easy to like and get into and easy to mix.. and gets an immediate reaction.

I like jump up done well and orignal like anything, it has a time and place but it wont get me craming my pants about how amazing it is... and in a few years i wont be listening to it thinking how great it still sounds. I know this for a fact cos ive been into dnb long enough to tell which tunes have longevity. I have piles of tunes i could list that at the time sounded amzing but within a year sounded very dated. and now sit at the back of the box.

To just right off jump up completely and say its crap just make syou a cunt in my opinion... lol.. go to doa

Last edited:
Personally for me I like a lot of Original Sin stuff... not a huge fan of Hazard although Killas Dont Die was wicked, thats just personal taste not cos i thin k hes shit... I like Clipz's stuff (not all of it) and think TC is good as well... but get really sick of hearing sets full of the same sounding jump up sounds .. where is the originality?? huh?

Im liking the new releases on Musik Hertz and a few bits here and there by people like Cabbie, Nicol and Maj etc.. but their are so many fucking copy cats around right now who just cos they have a copy of reason and know how to do that whiney mid range clipz thing think they are the next signing to Playaz. I mean i work in a dnb distributor office and you would not beileve the amount of g dub / clipz etc rip offs getting sent to us...

It does sell the most because teh demographic that largely buy tunes on vinyl are around 16-19 and male. This age group tends to be into jump up cos its qucik, easy to like and get into and easy to mix.. and gets an immediate reaction.

I like jump up done well and orignal like anything, it has a time and place but it wont get me craming my pants about how amazing it is... and in a few years i wont be listening to it thinking how great it still sounds. I know this for a fact cos ive been into dnb long enough to tell which tunes have longevity. I have piles of tunes i could list that at the time sounded amzing but within a year sounded very dated. and now sit at the back of the box.

To just right off jump up completely and say its crap just make syou a cunt in my opinion... lol.. go to doa

:word:

Back
Top Bottom