How many of you are mixing other genres than dnb?

How many of you are mixing other genres than dnb? Do you blend them all together?

These days I don't buy much dnb and have various bits of vinyl that don't go together so keep having fairly short mixes and changing genre or just doing a quick switch or long fade to change. Anyone got any mixes or tips on how they do this personally?

How many of you are mixing other genres than dnb? Do you blend them all together?

These days I don't buy much dnb and have various bits of vinyl that don't go together so keep having fairly short mixes and changing genre or just doing a quick switch or long fade to change. Anyone got any mixes or tips on how they do this personally?

I mix more dubstep now than I do dnb, but if I'm switching up I tend to use remixes of tracks from the previous genre, long atmospheric intros and breakdowns or tracks which switch tempos.

Yeah I mix a fair amount of dubstep, the majority on the deeper, darker side. Havn't really got any suitable tunes for a decent switch so I just turn the start time of the dubstep tune im bringing in up and the stop time of the dnb tune im bringing out, wait for a breakdown then hit play/stop on both ... the noob way lol

Yeah I mix a fair amount of dubstep, the majority on the deeper, darker side. Havn't really got any suitable tunes for a decent switch so I just turn the start time of the dubstep tune im bringing in up and the stop time of the dnb tune im bringing out, wait for a breakdown then hit play/stop on both ... the noob way lol

Do you not own Fresh - Chainsaw?

il mix house technoish bits, dubstep grime garage and a tad of jungle.

if im gona progress il just start at house and get gradually quicker, speed up a grime tune, slow down a jungle one, then speed it up slowly and mix in a slower dnb tune etc etc

i find it quite fun, been mixing terrorist with i luv u (dizzee rascal) sounds pretty good

il mix house technoish bits, dubstep grime garage and a tad of jungle.

if im gona progress il just start at house and get gradually quicker, speed up a grime tune, slow down a jungle one, then speed it up slowly and mix in a slower dnb tune etc etc

i find it quite fun, been mixing terrorist with i luv u (dizzee rascal) sounds pretty good

yeah iv been having fun going from 110 bpm moombathon all the way through the various speeds of house, then grime, dubstep, bassline, and getting faster into oldskool hardcore, juke, then jungle then into dnb. Then maybe into a bit of hardcore, ragga hardtek and breakcore :teeth: all just by moving a tune maybe 2 bpm in a breakdown or something so its not really noticeable.

but my CD wallets like a warzone.. I need serato/traktor!

Yeah always mix different tempos if im at home. Well into the minimal dnb & that goes well with ambient, downtempo etc.
Been mixing alot of 130, disco & house recently as well. Pitch down a bit of dubstep and that can sometimes mix in fairly well, also been experimenting with accepellas a fair bit recently.

yeah iv been having fun going from 110 bpm moombathon all the way through the various speeds of house, then grime, dubstep, bassline, and getting faster into oldskool hardcore, juke, then jungle then into dnb. Then maybe into a bit of hardcore, ragga hardtek and breakcore :teeth: all just by moving a tune maybe 2 bpm in a breakdown or something so its not really noticeable.

but my CD wallets like a warzone.. I need serato/traktor!

when i used a controller i mixed dubstep with dnb, house/tencho/hardcore into dubstep and it was fairly easy with the waveforms and tempos right in ur face but now with the cdjs its mainly dnb with the odd 2 or 3 dubstep remixs/teaser in my wallet and its still a warzone, trying to graft everything in ur head is a real ball ache :(

I mix everything! My main passion is Dnb! But i mix house, Electro, Dubstep, Garage anything that has a good tempo for mixing! Im not in too clashing genre with genre when it comes to DnB! The only thing thats any good is Hip Hop to DnB!

House N Garage is nice mixed together but thats really obvious!

I find it's always good to either mix between 2 remixes of the same tune that are different genres.... although it's a lot easier on CDJs that on proper decks!

Back
Top Bottom