How do you speed up a sample without altering the pitch?

In Tracktion you just click on any audio clip and adjust the speed in the properties section. I would have thought most D.A.Ws would allow this, it's a pretty fundamental thing, but perhaps not. What DAW are you on?

I use pro tools for that. Just x-form the sample and drag it to fit the speed. Dunno how u can do it on cubase or logic though.

You could time stretch the samples, or use a slicemap.

In cubase, go to audio, process then timestrech. Thing is for me, it won't actually process it ever, so there might be something wrong in my cubase haha

ableton - warp it. if your project is at 174 and you drag an acapella or something in, its going to warp the best it can automatically to the bpm. then just fuck with the warp markers until its sounding good and in time with the music, freakishly simple

---------- Post added at 23:51 ---------- Previous post was at 23:39 ----------

wasnt it you who started the ableton thread too, hmmmmmmmm

ableton - warp it. if your project is at 174 and you drag an acapella or something in, its going to warp the best it can automatically to the bpm. then just fuck with the warp markers until its sounding good and in time with the music, freakishly simple

---------- Post added at 23:51 ---------- Previous post was at 23:39 ----------

wasnt it you who started the ableton thread too, hmmmmmmmm

Yeah, but I just ask hundreds of stupid questions 24/7 :teeth:

people will know your talkin about ableton and you wont get 20 replies that dont help at all if you post in the ableton thread... jus' sayin' mang... :D

This won't help him, as the default is beats, so it will change the pitch of the sample whilst it is warped

As you are using Ableton, in the sample window you need to choose 'Tones' rather than 'Beats', this preserves the original pitch of the sample

Complex Pro is the best option for vocals and music samples but takes up a lot more processing power.

depending on the acapella, if we are using an acapella for an example, beats is fine if the pella aint crazy out of time in the first place, i barely new about the different warping options for a long while and have good results stretching and not affecting the pitch of the vocals using beats, it wont pitch it.

but yeah good point anyway

Back
Top Bottom