How do I......

Someone who could tell you how to exactly replicate another artist's sound would definitely need to get out more.
Simple solution to all this, if you know the answer and have the time, answer it. If not ignore. Posting silly negative comments is a bit waste, I'm sure I've done it heaps.
We can all see who's in here for the long haul. There's loads of potential for sharing and collaboration. The WickedSickPhatNasty thing that duggfunnie started is a great idea.
A dnbforum collective could probably solve the middle east and put a monkey on mars.

Rather have a DNB party on mars

Maybe if people didnt talk down so much to these people when they ask the question, and perhaps give a more friendly response, with the same sentiment that is being expressed now, we might be able to weed out the ones how want to learn for real, and could end up becoming helpful parts of the forum.

Give em a cut and paste job.

I like this idea a lot I think to make it possible to work with everyone though I would have to only use the core waves that can be found in every DAW I.e sine square and saw, that way I could possibly herd in as many people asking for how to's on their fav artists. Not just liquid artists or techy ones. Its a good idea to give them the cut n paste thing. I totally agree with the talking down part. Hence why I will ignore people asking the blindly obvious questions, and only try answering the ones that I think most on here don't know.

i'd be more concerned the with utter bollox threads in here with fuck all to do with dnb

To be fair the ones that stray from dnb are just as helpful as if you take yourself seriously as a producer you should be able to embrace all styles of music and be able to have a fair understanding on making almost anything that you hear or atleast have a basic idea on how its been done???

When people look for specific sounds they want to achieve

I totally get this, I was the same when I first started I had listened to so many tracks and wanted to make a specific Liquid or techy bassline and when i searched there were no video tutorials it was mainly the odd thread on Dogs on acid that explained the very basic of ideas. It is honestly playing and clicking buttons which gets you results. When you listen to a tune you like and hear a noise in there that is quite different and not in most tracks it means that that artist has sat there playing until he got it, he (probably) didn't say I want this sound and made it in one go. Good/different sounds come by accident and its all about using your accidents in a decent way to include them in your tracks??

your assuming that the people on hear actually know how to make said bass lines. when i first came on here i asked a couple of times how to make a specific bline. i then realised the reason i didnt get an answer is cos people on here dont know how to make a bassline that a pro producer has made. what they do know however is the theory behind it. ie. what different building blocks they think may have made the sound. at which point you can try and use these buildng blocks and experiment to try and get the sound.

This is what I was just getting into, 9/10 the artist (without the project to hand) would not be able to recreate his sound exactly! The amount of times I've lost projects or forgot to save and lost a really good sound that I can't remake is countless! Its usually luck that gets you to a noise and you can replicate something and come close but the detail is different every time and that is just the wonders of how limitless production is!

Someone who could tell you how to exactly replicate another artist's sound would definitely need to get out more.
Simple solution to all this, if you know the answer and have the time, answer it. If not ignore.

I used to take pleasure trying to break down a sound on how I thought you could achieve it and I still do! But when you get a question like how do I create Netsky's signature liquid wobble and its something as simple as : a sine wave with an lfo on the cutoff and lots of resonance in a reverb...... I will tend to ignore it!
Another thing to mention, I went through a sample pack at a friends once and found that womp from Marky's 'no time to love' so even he can't tell you how its done as it's a sample?.......- Saying that, they might of just sampled it for the pack?? Anyway, my point being, sometimes the artist could have copped out and just used a sample from a pack?
Knowing exactly how to create a sound comes with hours and hours of playing with your fav DAW. We all want it to happen overnight when we begin but that's retarded and impossible. I challenge anyone to understand particle physics overnight, even with a few tutorials! lol

Nobody uses the sticky threads anyway, and all the new ones are the same shite.

.....keep coming back to this forum after large gaps of non interest to find, yet again, the same threads which I've avoided to begin with?!?!

It's like no matter how many times it's been answered (or not) people still want to ask how a bassline in this tune or that tune is done.
I get why (especially when its simple) but maybe we should have one thread or something that we can bundle every 'technical-impersonating-request' into.

I mean the Dirty Bassline Exchange Thread is still going after however many years of starting it....and it started out really well! But then it just spiralled into a 'how do I get this sound' thread....which is not what it was made for.

It's a tough one as we have all been there to begin with, an would've loved the insight/help. But nowadays there are sample packs, tutorials and a wealth of shit on the internet that can make you sound like a carbon copy of your favourite artists! (except Noisia etc... :lol: )

Anyway, here's my failed attempt at trying to keep things positive and less bitchy but something should be done. It kinda makes me look at this section of the forum with a 'not this again' approach!
Don't get me wrong I'm all for helping and explaining etc it's just a lil tedious when its the 500th time you've done it, in the 5000th thread thats been started.

Any ideas??

Feel free to delete this thread once we have brainstormed some ideas.....(or if no-one decides to contribute ;) )

P.s I understand the abundance of stickies that are in this section of the forum, which also adds to the dilemma. Plus I'm not wetting the bed over this issue, it's just something I noticed recently :-/

THIS WAS ONLY ABOUT SIX TREADS ABOVE THIS ONE ..........ARGH SHOCKING

http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/157133-how-to-make-this-netsky-bass

Back
Top Bottom